Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For A New Mission Type/game Mode.

Slade-sama

I was thinking since one of the more popular mission types is defense. I was thinking that portions of some of the large maps for defense are sort of.... un-used and wasted. I was thinking to really utilize those large maps and to still keep the "defense" feel, You could have a survival type game mode/mission.

Here are a few ideas for the mission.

- You survive for as long as possible, except there's nothing to defend. Your main objective is to keep yourself and your team alive. The mission will have points where you can leave every five waves. (similar to defense)

- The missions will be in waves. As the mission goes on, the enemy's levels will increase, as well as the different enemy types and number of enemy's that spawn. Causing it to be gradually harder as the mission goes on. (similar to defense)

- The mission will end when everyone in your cell dies. To prevent the missions from lasting forever, when someone goes down they will die immediately, no chance to be revived. You will not be able to use your revives either. But, every five waves when you are given a chance to claim a reward and leave, if you and your cell chooses to continue to fight, you and anyone else that died will respawn back. When spawning back you will have a penalty to your ammo. (To prevent from exploiting by everyone killing themselves near the end to spawn back with full ammo)

- You could use those large defense maps for the game mode so that way you could stay mobile. There could be new maps made for this as well.

- I can see ways to exploit with this mission due to there being certain spots where Warframes can get where enemy's cant or find it hard to kill you. You could add invisible walls to the more "exploitable" spots, and areas where you have to use parkour to get to the enemy's could just do that thing where they jump really high to get to these spots.

- As for the infested, you wouldn't be able to stay on top of the spots where the enemies cant get you. If you did, you would spawn back to the ground, like when you fall off the map and it spawns you back to where you fell from. Or they could add some type of flying enemies or a spitter type enemy.

This is all I could really think of for this right now. Feel free to criticize and post ways you feel you could improve this idea. (Forgive me if this idea has been posted before, I just thought about this while playing and wanted to share it)

EDIT: I didnt realize that right after I posted this that someone else had a similar idea that had been posted that had a good bit of attention, sorry. Think of this as an improvement to what  DragoXXVIII posted

Edited by Slade2561