Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] - New Infested Units

BloodRiot

Greetings everyone.

First off I can safely say I prefer to fight the Infested the most. The idea of a low to no tech swarming enemy a la Alien Swarm, L4D, Aliens, etc is simply fun to me. Nonetheless, I feel they would benefit greatly from a few new additions to their ranks. The names presented here are not final of course.

NEW UNITS:

INFESTED TOXIC SPITTER

Description: Regular sized unit, possibly using a smiliar model to the charger with simillar ammount of hit points/resistances. Spits a toxic gooey projectile in an arc at the Tenno/Cryopod, causing damage on impact and leaves a puddle of toxic fumes, same as the toxic ancients when they die. While they don't possess a toxic cloud around them when alive, they will burst into one upon death.

Notes: The Infested do need a ranged alternative, and this one should shine on defense missions, since they don't run straight at the Tenno/Cryopod, and rather stay at a distance using their signature attack, at higher waves, player will need to take these out sooner rather than later to protect the cryopod, since they serve to counter some of the more effective tactics such as Vauban's Bastille without making said tactics useless.

INFESTED SPORE THROWER

Description: Regular sized unit, possibly using a smiliar model to the runner/leaper with simillar ammount of hit points/resistances. Short ranged ranged attacker that throws Infected Spores at the Tenno. The Spores cause no damage upon impact but cause an effect on the Tenno they cling on to, very simillar to the Grineer Latchers. The Spores can either cause a slow effect, or slowly sap the Tenno's shield, health or energy. Upon death, the Thrower bursts and a few Spores are thrown radially for a short range. Spores can be shaken with rolls, again liek the Latcher.

Notes: Simply an addition to keep players on their toes and require greater awareness of the surroundings.

GENERAL INFESTED SUGGESTION

I suggest the charger type infested be able to walk/run on walls and ceilings for added mobility and again forcing diffferent tactics. Should counter Tennos that take cover in impossible for Infested to reach places on the maps.

That's it for suggestions. I would like some feedback on this from my fellow players and hopefully DE might take an interest in this if you all find it as appealing as I do. This is abasic outline and quite open for debate.

Cheers guys.

This is slightly embarrassing :D

Where did you find these as I would very much like to see those videos?

Dark Sector game.

It's another DE game, it was meant to be the original warframe but due publisher reasons it was changed. So half you will see in that game, has "connection" to Warframe, although a different universe in terms of background story.

It's an incredible good game, from 2006 if not mistaken, i really enjoyed playing it multiple times. I really advise you guys to try it out.

Edited by Endrance

Alright thanks mate. For a second there I feared they had already made some sort of annoucement with units in the same veins as I jsut sggeted and thought I had been jsut too distracted to notice :p

I'll check out dark sector yes. Thanks :)

Haha no problem, hope you like the game like most of the warframe people did. And use it for future suggestions (The Warframe glaive was 100% inspired on Dark Sector on previous topics)

I did notice that, In that game did the infested type use an weaponry or were they a melee race?

Technically the "infected" are basically zombies, so far as i can remember, only melee and some "spit" poison, like the ingame toxic crawlers, as for that colossus, you never have much of intel about it, you only know it is a big badass monster and each strike, makes you fly.

75% the enemies you encounter are humans in radioactive suits that use rifles, pistols and shotguns (which you can steal them for a small amount of time), you also fight another person with the same infection as you (tennocyte) that bestows the "warframe" looking armor suit. Although you will only have the "full suit infection" near end game, while the other person has the full suit right from the beginning (if infects you with it).

I don't remember well any other kind of enemies with the exception of the last boss, that is also a mutated guy

Edited by Endrance