The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get rare resources at the start (Neural Sensor/Control Module)

Rekuji

Question

Just as the title says, how can I get Neural Sensors and Control Modules without having to go to Europa or Jupiter? It seems stupid to me tbh. A junction pre-req is completing the archwing quest yet one of the requirements to make a part is a control moduel which is at europa. Any suggestions? 

14 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Rekuji said:

Just as the title says, how can I get Neural Sensors and Control Modules without having to go to Europa or Jupiter? It seems stupid to me tbh. A junction pre-req is completing the archwing quest yet one of the requirements to make a part is a control moduel which is at europa. Any suggestions? 

I agree, these resources need to be obtainable earlier in the game. 

2 minutes ago, oldversions said:

The Raptor assassination on Europa sometimes drops Neural Sensors. As for Control Module, just spend 10 seconds in the void.

Europa is locked; So is void. Basically, the only way getting these resources early on is through taxi -- which i find stupid. Or buy plat. But I find that to be a waste of money too. 

6 minutes ago, Rekuji said:

Europa is locked; So is void. Basically, the only way getting these resources early on is through taxi -- which i find stupid. Or buy plat. But I find that to be a waste of money too. 

Or... you could just try to unlock it...

5 minutes ago, Rekuji said:

I really hope the dev's do something to make this game able to be played without platinum. This entire situation is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, oldversions said:

Or... you could just try to unlock it...

If I could, I would've already. But let me further elaborate the problem at hand (especially for new players like myself:

- The only way to get to Europa is through Jupiter, and the only to get to Jupiter is through the Ceres Junction
- A pre-req to enter and complete the Ceres Junction is the Quest "Archwing"
- The archiwing quest requires to build an "ODONATA"
- The ODANA itself needs 3 Control Modules, ODONATA Systems requires 1 Control Module

See the dilemna? Sad tbh.

3 hours ago, Rekuji said:

If I could, I would've already. But let me further elaborate the problem at hand (especially for new players like myself:

- The only way to get to Europa is through Jupiter, and the only to get to Jupiter is through the Ceres Junction
- The ODANA itself needs 3 Control Modules, ODONATA Systems requires 1 Control Module

You also have to realize that these starchart changes are less than a week old. I'd be supprised if they didn't decide to change Odonata's build requirements or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, oldversions said:

You also have to realize that these starchart changes are less than a week old. I'd be supprised if they didn't decide to change Odonata's build requirements or something along those lines.

True. This sucks :( 

On 7/10/2016 at 11:12 AM, Rekuji said:

Rekuji I feel your pain! I'm currently grinding in Taranis hoping for a Control Module drop if it happens I'll let you know.

To my fellow noobs, who have no one to "taxi" them about here's how you get your control modules. Go through Mars to Phobos to the Void. Fight through to the second extraction on Taranis and Control Modules should be gifted unto you. If RNG doesn't favor you rinse and repeat until it does.

On 8/5/2016 at 0:43 PM, LBCake said:

To my fellow noobs, who have no one to "taxi" them about here's how you get your control modules. Go through Mars to Phobos to the Void. Fight through to the second extraction on Taranis and Control Modules should be gifted unto you. If RNG doesn't favor you rinse and repeat until it does.

I love you, you're a life saver <3