Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Rng Changes Feedback (Based Off Of The Livestream 8)

matrixEXO

OK, so I heard you guys were gonna change the RNG to scale depending on frequency. I like the idea and I also see the major issues that can come with it. These problems may occur over the course of a year or more but they are still an issue.

1) Frequency of Alert rewards after an extended period.

The main problem with this design is that without a proper scaling back during an extended period of nonavailability of items to the public or without a proper set time duration before such scaling back occurs, there will definitely exist a gap in which all the Alert rewards may not even pop up for 1 or 2 days. Careful planning will be needed when taking this step.

2) Occurrences of multiple identical Alert rewards during a short span causing problems.

As we all know, there are times when RNG decides to drop 2 or 3 bombshells of the same kind during a very very short period of time. This is because: RNG, not matter how small the percentages go to. So, there ought to be a buffer time between the item initially generated as Alert reward and the consecutive generation of said item Alert reward. This buffer time would iron out some issues that may occur with the design.

3) Credit-Only Alerts prevailing.

Given the idea of the RNG fix, I must say that it would seem that we would initially see a flux of Alert rewards, followed by this current existing design of "tons of credit-only alerts" which, regardless of whether problem 1 was fixed, will occur at some degree. And until credits are made more desirable to stock up for during the end-game, I do not know how to fix this issue. It's something that you, the dev team, would need to discuss.

As these 3 are the main issues that I see, I would hope that you can solve the problems with it before rolling out the RNG changes. At most, Problem 1 and 2 needs to be curbed to ensure a smooth transition without major hiccups in the future.

Edited by matrixEXO