Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Perks

unmog

I've mentioned this before, but since they talked about it on the livestream I thought Id make a post about it.

Instead of giving me free stuff when I level, why not implement a perk system? And everytime you level, you can gain a perk. Like a list with a whole bunch of things to choose from. Here I'll think of some things.

[Warframe]

+movement speed

+stamina

+stamina recharge

+armor [not a percentage... a flat bonus to the base which the percentage are based on... in fact change how steel fiber works to give you a flat bonus as well instead of percentages!]

+shields [not a percentage *points up*]

+shield recharge 

+health [not a percentage *points up*]

+natural health regen

+knockdown resistance

+knockdown recovery

[melee]

+melee damage [and charge damage]

+melee attack speed [and charge speed]

+melee crit [chance and damage]

+special combos [just an interesting idea]

[firearms, rifle and pistol]

+firearm accuracy

+firearm reload

+firearm recoil [could be combined with accuracy]

+firearm crit [chance and damage]

[Jedi!/Magic!]

+warframe ability damage

+ability duration

+ability range

+elemental damage [melee and firearms]

+energy [not a percentage]

+natural energy regen

[stealth]

+sneaky [harder to detect than normal]

+hacker [makes the hacking mini game easier/faster/more rewarding somehow, ability to give all clear signal? Hack enemies?]

+assassin [improves stealth kills]

+jump height

+wall running [maybe take less stamina like acrobat mod]

+shadow [be invisible when standing perfectly still/crouch walking or in dark places etc?]

[Looter]

+more ammo on pickup

+more max ammo

+more items from broken stuff and lockers

+more credits from pickups

+better chance to get rarer items/rewards

Sure maybe some of them wouldn't work well. Or there might be better ideas for perks, or there might be certain levels required for some perks. But yea, thats what I mean about a perk system. You level up, choose a perk, gain a benefit. Able to customize your character and playstyle more to your own choosing, and stand out more from the pack based on your choices. Maybe every level it also gives you a chance to "switch" an old perk for a different one, in case ya didnt like it as much as you thought you would or changed your mind etc. Heck maybe theres an item you can get in an alert to switch a perk as well. Who knows, tons of possibilities with a perk system.

Give me something like this, not just free stuff. Add more depth to our character customization and Tenno powers.

Hmmm..

[thinking, considering, pondering]

Nope. Don't like it. Would mess around too much with what makes the different frames unique.

What I do like for Mastery Ranks is:

Rank 1: weapon slot

Rank 2: frame slot

Rank 3: weapon slot

Rank 4: frame slot

And so on and so on.

You can get those already for some platinum, and get 50 to start off with.

Personally Id rather them get rid of the inventory limits all together, or allow us to earn more slots somehow in the game via alerts or buy them with credits etc.

Thats why Id rather the mastery ranks be something you cant otherwise gain in the game. A way to make your frame/weapons different.

Regardless, it wouldnt change the frames themselves, or make them less unique. Rhino and Frost would still be the tankiest and slowest frames, you just could make them even more tankier or try to speed them up some etc.

The difference is, the bonus would be applied to every frame/weapon you use. So all frames you have would get armor, or speed, or health. Those with low health or high health would still have higher or lower health that the others. Dont see how that would mess anything up really.

Edited by unmog

Asides from the fact that you just listed every core mod in existence in your list of things to buff, I like the idea.  Specifically, a few of the things that ARE NOT mods but would still be nice buffs, such as the improved accuracy and regen (although I believe energy system is supposed to be reworked). 

Just general ideas is all, not saying the mod system is great but they got some good ideas for stuff. Just something for perks is all though. I did include a few of my own ideas though. And I dont see why similar mods and perks couldnt work symbiotically. :)

Regardless Im thinking perks would probably be like 10-20% ish. Weaker than mods in general, but something to help people specialize in.

Bump

Really was hoping for some more feedback. Are you guys really content with just getting something worth a few plat for mastery ranks? Shouldnt they mean more than just bigger inventory space?

Like I said, I think limited inventory space should just be removed, let you have as much as you want. It doesnt make much sense anyway, I can only have a few guns and two warframes normally, but I can hold 200k nano spores and tons of salvage and other resources? If anything, allow inventory space to be bought with credits, don't let them placate you by giving something as asinine as inventory space for hard to get things like mastery ranks, demand more content and customization options, more stuff to be unlocked, more abilities to use, more "fun"... not just more inventory space.