Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artifacts To Be Canged To Mods? Bad Idea?

TennoSkoom

Changing the artifacts to mods you can place on your warframe is a bad idea. Even with polarization through forma you can only fit 6 non-ability mods on a warframe. Changing the artifacts to mods will further clutter the available mod pool. Right now most 'caster' frames wind up using streamline, flow, redirection, continuity (and/or focus) and I often find myself sacrificing vitality for either rush (for slower frames) or something else.

With the addition of mods like warm-coat, anti-toxin, handspring, etc... which i have all of and don't have the space to use any of. I have to say that unless the number of unique mods available to place on a warframe increases from 10 to 11 or 12- i can't forsee this being a good change. Sure it'll have it's own unique polarity- but that just means it'll take up less mod-slots.

Upgrading artifacts might be neat- but...The big concern is over-saturation of the available mods and what we can actually put on. I've been hesitant to suggest new mods like a 'projectile speed increase' mod because of this growing problem. Moving the artifacts over into a mod pool without adjusting the available mod-capacity (from a max of 10 on a frame and 8 on a weapon) and/or increasing mod-slots (from a maximum of 60) i can forsee causing much frustration among players.

What do you think?

and what about the mod POINTS?

Ah yes they did mention a polarity slot for artifacts, aside from that, I think mod points will a problem then.

Unless the "new" artifacts will have effect on the whole team even if only 1 person was carrying them, then I pretty much think the current system is fine.

I'm not on any side, let's just see how they'll implement it.

Ah yes they did mention a polarity slot for artifacts, aside from that, I think mod points will a problem then.

Unless the "new" artifacts will have effect on the whole team even if only 1 person was carrying them, then I pretty much think the current system is fine.

I'm not on any side, let's just see how they'll implement it.

i think i heard them said the energy siphon will become an aura. so maybe limited by range?

I like the artifact system, not everything has to be a mod. If they MUST make everything into a mod, give our helmets some mod capacity thats sepperate from our frame.

this is a great idea that i'm in favor of. which would solve both 'problems' =) +1