Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freerun Mode

Oz270

Here's an idea that is an alternative to sliding, since we all know or heard rumors that sliding for speed/moblity isn't really part of the original vision of the game.

Freerunning Mode

Each frame gets this alternative mode that when activated changes the game to  a speed running mode where:
1. Speed increases (+50%?)
2. Stamina drain decreases for running

To counteract making this mode OP and to prevent rushing:

1. If you take any damage you stagger/trip 
2. If the warframe fires a weapon it leaves free running mode
3. When running your vision is severely hampered by depth of field (a la tunnel vision)
4. No Stamina Regen

This should improve the mobility of the game and also balance it so that people won't rush the game though.

So basically if you're a skilled runner you can run and dodge and get to the objective without stopping, but if you receive any damage you will instantly get staggered/trip

I've thought of being able to use melee weapon during this freerun mode to make melee more interesting but honestly i'm not sure what the impact of that would be.

Feedback and flaming welcome.
Edited by Oz270

Feedback and flaming welcome.

I'm not here to flame, but I will say that I disagree with this.

My reason? I don't feel like it would fit in. Oh, and if it was added in, a lot of the community wouldn't like it.

Oh, and there is almost no way to avoid damage when running through a dozen enemies with Gorgons. You're bound to get hit at least once.

I'm not here to flame, but I will say that I disagree with this.

My reason? I don't feel like it would fit in. Oh, and if it was added in, a lot of the community wouldn't like it.

Oh, and there is almost no way to avoid damage when running through a dozen enemies with Gorgons. You're bound to get hit at least once.

That's why i'm suggesting it to test the idea, and that damage causes stagger is to discourage rushing, not perfect I know, but it's the best that i could think up. 

That's why i'm suggesting it to test the idea, and that damage causes stagger is to discourage rushing, not perfect I know, but it's the best that i could think up. 

The thing is, the rusher spawns the mobs. They are less likely to be shot at. The rest of the team will have no chance to free run through. It's basically giving a rusher only speed advantage, thus making the problem even worse.

Well, the devs have said they don't encourage pure rushers, that try to just avoid all enemies.

Stealth is a different matter, but yea, Eff rushers. Just how I feel.

Right now it's an battle between making the game stick to it's original vision VS player convenience

Recent patch fixed slide to the old slide forever mode.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Changes:

- Removed Slide Cooldown

So yea, I get the feeling that the only way to get this problem out of the way it to get some other solid system working.

The thing is, the rusher spawns the mobs. They are less likely to be shot at. The rest of the team will have no chance to free run through. It's basically giving a rusher only speed advantage, thus making the problem even worse.

Good point and that's where the staggering comes in

Interesting  idea of a new out of combat sprint. Everything about it seems good in nature, but rushers can still exploit this.

If they run past a mob of enemies, they can take advantage of the super fast sprint. And when they encounter a mob, they can just use the normal sprint to avoid staggering.

Even if the people left behind kill the entire mob, and can use the free run sprint catch up, they never will because the rusher would never stop to fight the mobs.

Overall it's a great idea for allowing slower frames to have a method of catching up to faster frames by standardizing speed out of combat, but it isn't a solution for rushers.