Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Ciphers

xoyv

so, i'm not really sure if the dev team has already stated this, so sorry if they have

but you notice that when you hack in any terminal, it always says "grineer cipher" at the top? why would the SAME cipher work on every computer in the galaxy?

what if there was also a corpus cipher, and hell, maybe even an infected cipher? here's what i'm thinking:

corpus cipher: i remember a minigame from somewhere, where you had to rotate rings in a circle so that a wire would match up from the outer ring to the center, that would be perfect for this

infected cipher: maybe this isn't so much as a cipher, but more of rerouting circuits so that they bypass and infected mass? i doubt the infected would retain the knowledge to lock something, but i could see them jamming the circuits with a tumor of flesh

anyway, this is the idea i had. if anyone has any ideas on how this could work, feel free to post

Multiple levels of hacking and turn it into a mission type. This could really be the way Spy missions work, where you have to solve several puzzles in quick succession while under constant attack(a.k.a. turn it into a group mission :D). You'll have someone dedicated to hacking the consoles, and the rest of the team defending that person.

As to types of tests...

What we have now.

Your corpus cipher

Something similar to your infected cipher.

Towers of Hanoi

Number Rerouting

Picture normalization

Word Guess

All these types appearing either randomly or in a set order, becoming increasingly harder as you go. Now each could be made harder in its own way...

What we have now could both grow larger and/or have multiple separate sections.

Corpus Cipher could have multiple wires that need to connect, maybe even some wires that travel literally on the ring to somewhere else.

Infected Cipher could just become larger and more limited.

Towers of Hanoi, more discs.

Number rerouting larger number count.

Picture normalization smaller chunks(larger number of pieces).

Word guess could reset after fewer and fewer tries.

We could also cause those doors that require 2 people to require a hack where once both people are there it pops up the grineer cipher and they both must solve half of it.

There's many things they could do with ciphering that would actually make those cipher keys that you can buy worthwhile(lol y spend credits when you can solve every puzzle in <3.5 seconds).