Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe App, It Could Be So Much More!

Makeshift

First off, i wanna say that I am not complaining about the app. i just think an official app could be SOOO much more!

My line of thought:

When i think of a portable app for a PC game my first thought is of course either some kind of guide, rss feed/news, or something that gives players info on what events/alerts/bosses are currently up. But thats only because most of these apps are third party. they are limited to what they can do because their not made by the people who made the game.So of course when i heard that this was an official app made by the same makers...a TON of ideas flew into my head and I have to say i was a little dissapointed when i downloaded it. That is not to say that it is not a good app or that it does not fill a need, its just that like i said, this is the kind of app i expected from a third party.

Ideas:

I have some ideas, a few things that if integrated into the app could really raise the bar on what an official app can be and possibly increase the addiction that warframe has for its players. I'm not saying all of these. pick 1, any 1. any of these could do that.

Suggestion 1: Foundry app/section = Allow us to view and/or interact with our foundry from our phone.

concept - Think "utorrent remote" and merge that concept with your foundry. Imagine being able to log in from your phone and check the current build time of anything you are making. depending on how secure it is you could allow function and interaction but as a start simply the ability to see how much longer w/e u started building when u left your house will take.

From a player standpoint this gives the player more control

From a marketing standpoint they keeps your customers emersed in the game and holds their attention even when they are not by their computer.

Suggestion 2: Dojo app/section = allow us to view and/or interact with the dojo

concept - build off of the foundry idea. I figure if anyone likes the foundry idea then they'd like this more. I havent actually spent much time in the dojo so i don't have a full grasp of it but i imagine a scenario where the clan is trying to build something...they have almost enough resources and so someone calls their buddy at work. "hey dump some ___ into ___". and right there from work they've helped their clan.

from a player standpoint, once again, more control. plus interaction and purpose. i think clan leaders especially could benifit because they can keep track of things during their absense.

from a marketing stand point, again, keep the players involved with the game even outside of the game. plus with talk of cross platform (ps4). just imagine a 3 way platform somewhat crossover with the phone.

Suggestion 3: Minigame! = add a minigame that involves warframe in some way.

concept - basicially a simple puzzle type minigame. In my mind it would be something that rewards players with credits or possibly resources if they beat higher levels. Before i go on i need to emphasize, NOT high enough rewards that the app would ever be worth playing INSTEAD of the real game. just enough that its worth playing at the bus stop. My first thought is to take the in-game code breaker and turn that into a minigame with levels of increasing difficulty and maybe every 5 or 10 levels rewards the player with something ingame. could call it "Code Breaker Practice" or something. doesnt have to be super fancy, start from level 1 every time maybe, no save option. just something to do while standing in line at starbucks that actually feels rewarding because its benifitting your character ingame. it doesnt even have to be the code breaker thing. it could be any kind of crappy puzzle game. take the candy crush style game and switch it out with color coded frame heads. could take any crappy puzzle game and just restyle it warframe themed. even snake...or better...snake 2! for rewards. it would be really cool if the rewards were automatically added to the account, but you could also make it a redeem code style reward that requires no log in or anything. just remember, the simpler it is, the easier it is to manage. I dont want it to take away too much time and energy that could be spent developping the real game which is why i suggest using the codebreaker or reskinning some other game.

from a player stand point i think potentially gaining rewards while waiting for w/e is a huge incentive to use the app. if its the codebreaker minigame then players can use it for practice aswell

from a marketing standpoint adding a minigame to an app is a great way to bring in more people and get the word out because idk about anyone else but i find "hey check out this app" or "hey what are you playing" to be unbelievably common in public settings these days. basically its a great way of getting more people talking about and checking into warframe. and once again, u keep your players living, breathing, and thinking warframe 24/7.

Last Suggestion: Clan chat = allow players to chat in clan chat from their phone.

concept - really basic, just set up a chat that shares the ingame chat. for me personally, joining a clan/guild in a game is a lot like joining a family. the problem for me is always that i cannot communicate with that family when not at my computer. i cross this out but dont remove it because its still possible and still could be useful, but steam does offer a reasonable alternative (steam has an app) so i the need isnt quite there. it still imo the easiest of all my suggestions tho and it still creates that who marketing benifit of keeping players involved in the warframe community.

End. Anyways thats just some things i think could take the app to the next level. what do you think? has this been suggested before? any of these you'd like to see or you think would be a bad idea?

*Side note: Why isnt their a feedback section for the app?

Edited by Makeshift

o wow. never played farcry but nice. anyways which do u think would be best? i mean i'd love all but thats kind of asking a lot.

the minigame one is my personal fav

Well, since I have used the FarCry3 app before, i would like to have suggestion 1 and 3.

The FarCry3 app had similar functions too.

Here is a....interesting video describing how it works. (

)

Next gen games are allowing people on phones and tablets to actually join games and play mini games that affect the players actual combat situation. For instance battlefield will allow people to fill the commander role in a friends game...from work or on a train, Watchdogs  allows a person on a phone to help the player by hacking lights, alarm systems and cars among much more to aid the player through the game and Tom Clancy's Division which will be a MMO3PS in a open world were players will be helped by the remote use of roller grenades and drones from there tablet.

The possibilities soon will be endless and Warframe being one of the launch titles should catch up with these ideas as soon as possible to show that a free2play model can hold up to the premium game play experience on paper, out of the home and in game. I like your ideas and I would love to see DE release an SDK so the community could have a crack at creating an app.

I think they said that they were working on developing a lot of this functionality for the app 3? livestreams ago (even adding puzzles), they said the app is named Warframe Nexus App instead of Warframe Alerts App is precisely because they intend to expand it when they are able. I believe it should be in the livestream where they first addressed people's concerns with the Dojo.