Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bit Too Much?

scavenge

Hi guys.

This topic is about the effects in Warframe.

Now my computer isn't the newest one (it's still an i7 tho). It's around 2 years old now. I've just recently cleaned it because it was slightly dusty inside and on the back.

That helped quiet down all the fans in the machine (of which there are 9).

So basicly since I cleaned my computer you can't hear a fan anymore (as it should be for a silent build).

But playing an alert mission (mobile defence) with an ember, with my vauban and some other effect heavy frames my fans started roaring again (the machine is clean now).

Ofc that didn't really surprise me because even thou I have all the graphical gimmicks turned off there was literally like 250 different shock, fire, light, blend, ice and whatdoiknow effects going off on my screen for 15 minutes straight.

Can this be healthy for a computer?

Edited by scavenge

generally those fans can take it. mine never turn off and they last years. literally i never turn my comp off.

if it comes down to it just replace it. there are some that come with silicone retrains that make them super quite. i think you can buy those separately too.

The thing is that it was clearly loud earlier because the air flow was hindered by dust particles.

It hasn't been noticeable at all since I cleaned it two weeks ago until that mobile defence mission the other day. In no other game did the fans roar since.

get the fans on set RPM. I have mine on 2100 most of the time for 6 fans 120MM fans not including the other 2 fans I got on default setting, my computers CPU barely hits over 30c and the system itself is around 20-35.

so the game shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by KoP123