Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Performance Feedback.

0piuM

I'm putting it here because there is no place for it.

I will start by posting my system specs because everyone likes to blame hardware first, ignoring the post entirely.  I run a GTX 560ti on a 3.2 GHz quad with 6gb of ram.  1920x1200@60Hz.  I also have a sound card and all that other fancy stuff.  Now, to the point.

When I open Warframe, my GPU gets insanely hot, very fast.  It's not just the log in screen, but the entire map selection system.  My graphics card performs worse in the menu screens than in the actual game.  Sometimes it will reach 80°C (in less than 10 seconds), sometimes it won't.  In game, it will reach around 70.  I have almost every graphics option set to low or off, but that does not affect the menus it would appear.  I also set my graphics card to force only 4x AF since the developers were kind enough to NOT include that option.  I am also running in DirectX 9 mode (or whatever is the lowest).  My frame rate pretty much stays playable at all times (60+), except in enemy heavy areas.

I do realize that is a bunch of rambling, and I apologize.  But, the point is, the menues should not eat up my GPU like I'm playing Crysis on ultra  (actually it's worse than that).  One thing I have noticed is that in the menues the GPU usage completely caps out (at least according to 3 different programs).  To me, it would appear Warframe attempts to utilize the GPU as much as possible even when it is not needed.  What I would like to see changed/implemented/modified is more optimizing in the menues and more graphics options for the menues and the game. 

Note: The cooling in my system is fine.  The only other time my GPU has gone above 80°C is in Metro: Last Light.