Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Assassins/stalkers

Lalaith

For me, the Stalker is the highlight of this game. Love at first sight if you will. Not because of how he looks or because of the mystery surrounding him. I just love the fact that I have someone coming for me. It is an acknowledgement of the fact that I have done enough damage to warrant the attention of the enemy. I also like the sudden increase in difficulty, which turns a routine farming session into a heated battle.

So I would like to propose the introduction of characters similar in function. Not more rogue tenno or whatever the Stalker is. I know his uniqueness is a big part of his appeal to many players. Instead I would like to see assassins sent by the different factions. Maybe an elite Grineer Squad or a pack of weaker Hyenas. Especially from the Grineer should be coming after us. After all, lore states that they despise Tenno, so I would expect them to come hunt us down.

I think this is a good idea and would definitely reinforce the lore. A special grineer or corpus assassination squad would be cool. I think it would have to be a squad though, if it was a lone assassin it would be too similar to the stalker and also might as well be an actual boss (europa is still lacking one) rather than a random one. 

I think this is a good idea and would definitely reinforce the lore. A special grineer or corpus assassination squad would be cool. I think it would have to be a squad though, if it was a lone assassin it would be too similar to the stalker and also might as well be an actual boss (europa is still lacking one) rather than a random one. 

I definitely agree that squads are a must. Thus why my examples were multiple enemies.

It has been brought to my attention by a friend that hit squads may be in conflict with the lore, as the factions have no way of tracking us down. The simplest solution to that issue is a simple rename. Elite Hitsquad becomes Elite Responsesquad. Something like that.

Agree with OP.

When you accidentally went into a mission without your "Stalker-kill-'Frame" but with a lvl 12ish Nyx, h3h3, well, my heart begins to pump that blood through when lights start to flicker. Suddenly to adrenaline kicks in, and you seek for the perfect spot for the squad to unload all unholy things onto him, and hope to survive with a mere sliver of HP.

+1.  Stalker is the one thing in the game that really gets my attention, every time, and I'm already at the point where I'm farming him for BP's.

There is something about the lights flickering, knowing what's about to happen, and having to plan for it that makes stalker encounters soo much fun... but it's about the lethality of the stalker more than anything else.  

I was really upset about stalkers until I learned how to kill them (not with PvE either) because often they would one-shot me just for popping out of invis at the wrong moment.  Then, when I could PvE them, it was a challenge to find just the right spot to strand them... now I can take them on 1v1 and I can feel some of the "fun" draining out of the encounters.  

Striking that balance between FML stalkers and Farming-stalker for BP's can't be that hard.  At no point in L4D did I not "sit up and pay attention" when a witch or tank showed up.