The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got To Mastery Rank 7

austinrelis

I'm rank 4. Found the frames I like and the weapons I like. Progression to higher masteries is extremely unlikely. I view this as a flaw of the Mastery system, especially considering polarizing weapons does not continue to give mastery experience.

Why am I forced to play with equipment I do not necessarily enjoy using to "progress"? (I am aware of the small weight of the Mastery system, but there are talks of this giving more perks, and I would also like to use it as a goal to focus on, but not if it's going to make the game less fun.)

You found a few frames and some weapons you like. The fact you havent ranked them all up to 30 means you havent tried them all. There is nothing stopping you from finding another weapon/frame you like even MORE other than your own prejudice against ranking up a new weapon. 

They should have made polarized weapons count towards Mastery Ranks. Tbh, i'd rather polarize a few weapons (like my primary, secondary, melee and my fav frame) instead of having to craft and rank up weapons i'd have no fun with.

Congrats.

Currently I think 10 is the max atm, need a few more warframes and weapons to be able to reach 11.

i've been at 10 for awhile, i think 11 is the current max, have quite a few melee weapons to finish off yet, and a number of dojo weapons to get and do.

what i don't like are the exclusive weapons (vandals) which cannot be acquired by all players. those should give no mastery points at all. a non CBT player will not be able to get as high as a CBT player, which kinda sucks.

weapons give 100 mastery points per level there are only two vandal weapons- lato which was a reward for closed beta players, and braton, which was available for 1 credit during open beta weekend. Personally i have a lato vandal and neglected to buy a braton vandal during open beta weekend- a mistake i regret- but- there's nothing i can do about it. Anyway- their cumulative mastery points are 6000(3000 each maxed weapon), which- to be quite honest- isn't going to get you from 11 to 12 or from 10 to 11. There's nothing preventing you from achieving the same mastery rank as others. At higher mastery ranks two weapons barely make a dent.

In theory there is no limit on mastery, considering there's no limit to affinity orbs. After a while it just gets impractical.

Affinity orbs just give affinity only to warframes, no? Let's say that warframe is at level 30. Then there would be no reason for picking up an affinity orb in such a situation.