Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr = Ghost Rider

midashguy

This is entirely speculation. I am aware the largest inspiration for Valkyr is the Viking berserker, and the myth of the Valkyries. Both obviously Norse in heritage.

But I believe Valkyr was based off of Marvel's Ghost Rider, the spirit of vengeance. Here's why.

1. Valkyr's first ability. Rip Line, it definitely resembles the chains that the Ghost Rider uses to fight his enemies.

2. Valkyr's Paralysis resembles the Ghost Rider's Penance Stare, which leaves foes in a stunned, coma like state.

3. This is the big one. The Ghost Rider was once an angel, captured by the demon Mephisto, who was tortured to the point of insanity, and used for Mephisto's nefarious purposes.  Sound familiar? Alad V, the Zanuka project, and him, torturing Valkyr?

4. Valkyr's Hysteria. Specifically her claws. Reminiscent of Ghost Rider 2099. One of his weapons is his one hand, where each finger becomes a monofilament edged blade, capable of cutting at a molecular level.

I am a big fan of Ghost Rider, and of Warframe. I wonder if this is putting two and two together, or just pointless comparison speculation.   

Thoughts? Opinions?

Ghost+Rider+Wallpapers+(1).jpg