Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ressurrection Speed Mod + Other Ideas

CypressD

I'm not sure exactly how useful it would be, but I've always thought a Ressurrection Speed Mod would be good for people playing on higher difficulty planets. As it stands, ressurrection takes like what, 6 seconds?

So why not create a mod that quickens the speed of res'ing?

A Res. Speed Mod may not be something you have equipped at all times, but I would definitely keep a fully leveled one in my collection just for high level romps w/ my friends. I play a DPS mage/tank Frost so it would definitely help me in support roles. You can't really risk a 6 second res with a level 60 Napalm looking dead at you.

Beyond that, I think [context-sensitive executions] would be really cool. Right now melee combat kind of lacks depth (modding aspects aside). Melee weapons level extremely slow and the risk of engaging in melee (against Corpus and Grineer) is high with no actual reward aside from wep. EXP. So to make melee more worthwhile it should offer solid alternatives to gunplay.

Example: if you execute a Shield Lancer, you pick up his shield. Holding it costs stamina. Running costs double stamina and you can't jump. But sprinting into enemies with it will knock them down for lots of DMG and non-splash attacks from the front are blocked. You drop it by pressing Melee or when your stamina depletes.

Example 2: executing a Moa will allow you to carry it like a turret for [x] seconds. Or maybe as a temporary weapon with very limited ammo (1 clip, 40 rounds).

Example 3: hacking moas as an alternative to stealth killing them.

Also, air and ground melee attacks would be useful. Maybe re-map ground slam to Jump->Crouch->Melee and make Jump->Melee a normal attack. I'd like to be able to cut up Ospreys. And currently many melee weapons have issues hitting fallen enemies. Maybe make it so that aerial charged attacks spike Ospreys down. Since Sprint has no context while standing still, maybe make Shift+Melee a charged uppercut that knocks enemies into the air.

Just suggestions. I understand this would probably take a lot of work and the team is more focused on core mechanics/debugging right now.

I really don't think that it's possible to have mod like that in late game. At least I need all 60 points I get and wouldn't/couldn't spare any for mods like that. Pretty much if there is that lvl 60 Napalm dude, just "POP HIM INTO HIS F***ING FACE" and get over with it.

Atleast for me melee weapons pretty much level faster that pistols and well how well you can melee/how risky it is depends a lot of your frame and enemy. With something like Loki running around invis and one shotting enemies with insane crits or Rhino/Frost just tankin pretty much everything, you can pretty much melee all you want.

Maybe this could be done in some way, but like that Rhino could take 5 steps and there where all the stamina you had and modded Loki cleared whole room sprintin with speed of light.

Taking Moas turret could be nice at the beginnin (levels under 10, maybe), but after that it's damage would suck and picking weapon would drive people crazy.

Now there is your best idea today. Sneakin behind MOA and being aloved to hack him to your side would be cool, but it should have option your side or shutdown. Wouldn't be too stealthy if that MOA starts instantly shooting nearby enemies who turn around and see you.

Jump->Crouch->Melee would be annoying, why not just charge. Jump and press/spam melee to attack in air, Jump and hold melee to do basic air-slam.

Maybe we're talking about two different "endgames" here. I guess, given the game is still in Beta, there is no definite "endgame" but no Rhino or Frost could successfully tank an onslaught of level 60+ enemies. I mean I play a Frost. There is not enough health in the universe unless you're talking about rolling around with a fully modded Redirection and Vitality. But then there goes your DPS mods.

I mean if you've been playing the Weekend alerts, especially the Grineer set, it becomes obvious how little "tanking" actually defines a frame in the very very end game when you're regularly facing enemies that are at least double your level. 700 shield/health in a bad situation depletes almost as quickly as 300. The level 60 Napalm thing was a real scenario we faced during the Alert. Except there were 3. All 3 of my teammates went down in less than 5 seconds. Health and Shields basically became arbitrary. I barely managed to Res two of them with two active Snowglobes. But in a situation like that cutting Res down from 5-6 seconds to 2-3 would have been a savior.

And really the melee stuff is just to make melee feel more robust. The "melee playstyle" right now lacks complexity. They may not be great ideas, TBH, but I want to feel like I'm doing more than just mashing and/or run-and-charge.