Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locally Storing Current Mission Data

aaa9

I originally thought of putting this in the bugs category, but decided it was more of a suggestion.

Recently my internet has been shifty, it randomly disconnects (I believe a wire in the wall has somehow been partially cut), and I can never play a round of warframe without the thought I'm wasting my time becuase if the internet disconnects, then when the mission's over I'll lose everything I just obtained.

To remedy the situation, I thought it would be nice if the most recent mission's pickup/exp information was stored on the users computer and when the internet was connected again, the players online information would update with this information. This is more of a solution for soloers, since in a team it is immediately noticeable if you disconnect, and that's what I usually do and as of late, what I've had to do in order to not burden anyone with my internet problems.

I know this could open up the potential for major tampering and cheating, but if that could be resolved, it would be a whole lot less frusturation on the users end. Few things are as discouraging as playing an entire mission through and getting good mods and rare resources only to find out your data wasn't saved because the internet gave out all of a sudden.

I've had similar problems (my net can be perfect for days or weeks then suddenly out of the blue it dies several times in a day) I'd greatly appreciate this too but I think the only way they could implement this without risking letting players hack into it would be to generate some sort of session id (I assume it already exists since there are thousands of concurent games going on and the system has to be able to assign players to games that aren't full) along with a timestamp and mission data, then run it through some sort of encryption to store on your drive, then when you login it can decrypt and upload the data. But then the servers would need to store each person's session id's (and they would have to be unique) kept for X days/hours or whatever limit DE wants to impose so that people cant copy paste the file, login  to collect, quit, repeat. Would it work? Yes. probably. Does DE have the time to work on this? Maybe. Is this a productive use of their time to implement this? Probably not.

I can understand you pain, but I don't think this solution would be good. A file on your PC... with data about your pickups and xp and stuff.... well, that file will have a big "Hack me!!! Hack me!!!" - sign on it.

I can understand you pain, but I don't think this solution would be good. A file on your PC... with data about your pickups and xp and stuff.... well, that file will have a big "Hack me!!! Hack me!!!" - sign on it.

I recognize this, which is why I said if it could be solved, with a workaround something like the post above yours said. I know it would take a good amount of time and effort, which is why I'm not overly enthused in my op. It was mostly a post to get the problem a little more recognition, since I haven't seen it before.

A better solution might be to either:

a) allow a "continue last game",

or

b) allow people to keep stuff they pick up so far, but loose the mission end bonus.

This also occurs when the end of game glitches (eg stuck on alert, but no way to turn it off, last enemy stuck under floor).

Just this.