Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does synthesis scanning when you've maxed out rep still drop kavat codes?

Scylax

Question

I did a couple ODE missions and got 3 codes out of kavats. I started again later after I had maxed out my Simaris rep and didn't get any the runs I did that day. I maxed out my Simaris rep before ODE again the next day and still didn't get any codes. It could just be RNG, but I want to be sure: does maxing out Simaris rep prevent kavats from dropping genetic codes when you scan them (it would suck if the scan got cancelled on the backend if you had max rep).

2 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Scylax said:

I did a couple ODE missions and got 3 codes out of kavats. I started again later after I had maxed out my Simaris rep and didn't get any the runs I did that day. I maxed out my Simaris rep before ODE again the next day and still didn't get any codes. It could just be RNG, but I want to be sure: does maxing out Simaris rep prevent kavats from dropping genetic codes when you scan them (it would suck if the scan got cancelled on the backend if you had max rep).

No, synthesis scanning while a target is fully scanned or maxing out your rep for the day (in this case Kavat) will STILL give the chance to get the DNA.  I would recommend getting the upgrade segment for your scanner that gives the chance to get multiple scans per scan (this got me more faster).  The drop rate for Kavat is low at the moment so I got one every other run to once every 3 runs.

Edited by Btabc

10 minutes ago, Btabc said:

I would recommend getting the upgrade segment for your scanner that gives the chance to get multiple scans per scan

Got it a couple days ago for this very purpose ;) I'm using the synth scanner because I get free charges and double scans (have yet to get the faster scan rate though)