Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repolarity = No Mastery Points?

-Aza-Gorod-

The mastery point is not perfect. Its not right add bonus for the new weapon only.

I think in future DE change this moment how it shoud be. Mastery points = all xp points from everything,+ achiements +trials etc.

More interested,more challenge,more motivation,and not just light donate pull system.

Lets get this over with 

Person A: Forma should give mastery rank

Person B: But >>MASTERY<< means mastery of all equipment! 

Person A: Mastery of a weapon being used over and over is the same concept

Person B: No!!

Person A: YES!!

/thread

I agree with Person A - complete mastery of a single thing is always more valued than multiple things. Since we're dealing with Asian culture and ninjas, I quote:

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

- Bruce Lee

Since I started using a bow I hate using other weapons. I want to be able to become a real master of it and to be honest thought that was what this game meant when it said the weapon levels up the more you use them. I know the system doesn't work like  that nor am I saying to change it but when I read that I thought I'd be able to find a weapon I loved and use it and it just keep leveling showing some true mastery in it. 

I agree with forma not adding mastery points when I first started playing but now I've played for a while and found one weapon I like and can't bare to give up I'd like to be a master of just that if anything.

A very odd complaint.  The only thing mastery actually does is unlock additional warframes and weapons.  If you have a certain playstyle and want to stick with it....why would mastery matter to you at all? 

Either you're interested in mixing things up - in which case switching to other weapons and frames to gain mastery is what you'd want to do anyway - or you don't, in which case unlocking new stuff through mastery is pointless.

Should you stop trying new stuff? no. let's say I found  a weapon I like, but still haven't found Warframe that feels right for me. I am forced to discard that weapon and level others I'm not interested in to get access to new warframes to try them. Or I have a warframe I like and don't have weapon that feels right, I still forced to level other warframes in order to unlock new weapons to try them. In that matter mastery works as a measure of how many time you spent in game to unlock new stuff, but it fails to take in account spent on same weapon/frame beyond lvl 30.

Rhetorical question: Why does leveling a new weapon give mastery but leveling an existing one gives nothing at all?

At the very least, it should give a reduced amount for your efforts.

Agreed.

Yes some feel that gaining mastery after repolarity is cheating, but think of it this way. What happens when you have all of the warframes, and all of the weapons, and they're maxed level? Relevel them? 

I wouldn't mind seeing a reduced amount for releveling my warframes and weapons, I wouldn't mind if releveling and going up in a mastery level because releveling gave me a reward the increases the number of mod slots on my weapon or warframe.

I know I'll never reach max level. Why? Because I very rarely use shotguns in video games. And in this game, I don't plan on ever touching shotguns because if I'm that close to an enemy where I can use a shotgun effectively, I might as well use my melee weapon.

No, you are just unmotivated to do so, and I can assure you as I've been in your shoes even when you get all mods you wan't you still be unmotivated. So, let's not bring personal lack of motivation to do so as argument.

Funny coming from a guy who is unmotivated to try new things.

This would make leveling mastery a lot easier. You wouldin't have to spend hours farming for new weapons and frames which is their idea of replay ability.

One can argue that the act of leveling a forma'd weapon is the same as a farming those mats and blueprints.. But leveling a forma'd weapon is a certainty, the mats and blueprints are not.

They want you to break down and buy things, rush construction, contribute to the pool of individuals queing for random missions across the planets.

I'm not saying I disagree with getting mastery from leveling a forma'd weapon.

But it doesn't work with how the game is right now.

edit:

This also makes me wonder why I keep playing. The objective is circular. You just farm things to build things to farm things. I think when I get bored of the ogris I'm gonna look for something else to do. There haven't been a lot of games lately..I guess that's why I'm here.

Edited by DirkDeadeye