Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kicked when player joins mid-mission

Fangsie

Question

So it usually isn't this bad, but lately I've been noticing that whenever a player joins mid-mission then my screen freezes before everyone starts running in place and I get a host migration.
is there any features I can disable that'll help my computer run the game better? I've already set everything to low but I know my internet isn't this bad. The game plays fine until someone joins mid-mission.

2 answers to this question

That might be on the server's side and not on your end, and could be just another big under matchmaking really recent updates tend to do that and should be fixed with hotfixes, I know Rebecca replied to a tweet addressing this issue saying they are looking into it. Also playing with someone at a much greater distance from you seems to migrate the hosts to better fit the connection it seems.

I've had a lot of similar bugs with matchmaking (a lot), So I just resort to playing some alerts/sorties solo, up until it gets fixed..again.

If you haven't already, set your ping limit lower in your game settings.  Add the game as an exception in your firewall, and then make sure uPnP is enabled on your router, as having that turned off could hinder matchmaking performance.  Last thing is to make sure you're connected to the closest server.  You have no idea how many European players I've seen in mission on NA East servers complain about lag lol

There isn't much you can do other than that.  Anything else is server based. 

Edited by Firefly0037