Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have 105 Keys On My Keyboard, I Don't Need Multiple Actions To Be Bound To The Same Key.

Mezecs

Well only a few are within reach of my hand but still...

I really don't need sprint and roll to be on the same key, it causes a delay when I want to sprint and it's infuriating. I can understand why on a console gamepad, they have a very limited number of buttons to cram a bunch of actions on to. But I'm not using a gamepad, I'm on a PC with more than enough keys for every single action. Please DE, let me rebind everything.

Edited by Mezecs

If only there was a way to bind sprint and then bind roll, man that would be amazing. It's too bad that option isn't in the customize key bindings section or something that is really visible and easy to find.

IT IS?! Huh, that's new.

3nABd.jpg

Even if it wasn't already there I'd say there are already way more than enough buttons in this game.  Asides from the core shooter buttons (movement, firing, aiming, switch weapons, and reload), you have 4 ability buttons, a mele, a sprint, a crouch, a "use", a block (that's currently nothing more than a proof of concept more than is actually useful, I would love to see it further implemented), as well as combinations of all these keys.  Then on top of that you have 2 sub-menu's (items and player stats), a waypoint marker, a chat, a push to talk, a button to swap the camera over your shoulder, the scroll wheel to select your power, then another button I have no idea what the hell it is to use said selected power.  See what I mean? 

The only part of this game that really doesn't flow very well is having to zoom to use the side/back "roll's" (it can become very disorienting), although I see why it's the way it is.  It would be nice if there was a way to change your zoom or some sort of fixed direction mode. 

3nABd.jpg

Even if it wasn't already there I'd say there are already way more than enough buttons in this game.  Asides from the core shooter buttons (movement, firing, aiming, switch weapons, and reload), you have 4 ability buttons, a mele, a sprint, a crouch, a "use", a block (that's currently nothing more than a proof of concept more than is actually useful, I would love to see it further implemented), as well as combinations of all these keys.  Then on top of that you have 2 sub-menu's (items and player stats), a waypoint marker, a chat, a push to talk, a button to swap the camera over your shoulder, the scroll wheel to select your power, then another button I have no idea what the hell it is to use said selected power.  See what I mean? 

The only part of this game that really doesn't flow very well is having to zoom to use the side/back "roll's" (it can become very disorienting), although I see why it's the way it is.  It would be nice if there was a way to change your zoom or some sort of fixed direction mode. 

Some people enjoy having the ability to customize all things to specific keys, just because there are a lot doesn't mean we shouldn't stop having them be separate.  On that same hand, it should also be noted that having key perform multiple functions is also very beneficial to many, so its not a do one not the other, but a do both haha.

Now if executions got their own key...

Executions only "execute" by looking at the target (with your aim reticule) and using mele.  Simply stop/start looking at the target on the floor and you will stop/start doing executions to them. 

I think they follow the default online pc gaming settings. shift for sprint, control for crouch. I dont really the problem. what other button we can use for roll. nothing else will feel more confortable for a gamer than these settings. U dont sound like a  PC gamer.

I think they follow the default online pc gaming settings. shift for sprint, control for crouch. I dont really the problem. what other button we can use for roll. nothing else will feel more confortable for a gamer than these settings. U dont sound like a  PC gamer.

I've known lots of games over too many years of PC gaming that had these key defaults.  Just because it works in some games with fewer keystrokes or combinations required doesn't mean it works in all.

Executions only "execute" by looking at the target (with your aim reticule) and using mele.  Simply stop/start looking at the target on the floor and you will stop/start doing executions to them. 

If the god damn thing works.

It's like you have to look into their soul before you can execute them :I

i want double tap to roll. is there an option for me too?

3nABd.jpg

i want double tap to roll. is there an option for me?

Well only a few are within reach of my hand but still...

I really don't need sprint and roll to be on the same key, it causes a delay when I want to sprint and it's infuriating. I can understand why on a console gamepad, they have a very limited number of buttons to cram a bunch of actions on to. But I'm not using a gamepad, I'm on a PC with more than enough keys for every single action. Please DE, let me rebind everything.

I don't want to press 6 bloody keys to do an action. More combined keys are fine. Just give a remap option for separate functions for some people (like you) to use.

PS: Controllers have limited keys while we have more keys that are bindable than what is available to use on controllers. So, unless you intend to tell them to stop development on the PS4, then I would like you to stop thinking just about yourself and start thinking about it as a whole (a community, including DE).

Edited by matrixEXO

I don't want to press 6 bloody keys to do an action. More combined keys are fine. Just give a remap option for separate functions for some people (like you) to use.

PS: Controllers have limited keys while we have more keys that are bindable than what is available to use on controllers. So, unless you intend to tell them to stop development on the PS4, then I would like you to stop thinking just about yourself and start thinking about it as a whole (a community, including DE).

OP wanted the option to ALSO have it be separate.  Not just as one, and not only separate. 

If the god damn thing works.

It's like you have to look into their soul before you can execute them :I

It always works for me. My problem is that looking away to not execute is silly. In a crowd of enemies I just knocked down with a ground slam, I need to make sure my cursor is not looking at any of the enemies (who may be falling down in slow motion so they're still in the air) or else it'll go into execution, which I hate. Execution uses charge damage, and my charge damage (.e.g. gram sword) is much better than executions (save for it being hard to hit ground enemies with the gram). A multihit charge attack is both faster and more effective than executing one guy, so I'd rather execute was another key, or a key combo that doesn't interfere with anything else.

I don't have much issue with the sprint/roll button thing, but I never tried the separate keys, so I'll give that a shot.

@XRELOADED 

I can do all the moves, and have played PC games forever, but Warframe is not like any other game. It's not a stretch to say that WF is one of the first games to do so much shooting and acrobatics at the same time, with all sorts of moves. I played Unreal Championship (Xbox game) and it had tons of shooting and melee, but it was never as complex as the stuff you can do in WF. It was a lot looser and crazy. Because of this, WF is in the unique position of trying to figure out what works best for such a hybrid game. Don't try to stifle the development by using "pc games" as some sort of argument.

Also, there are all sorts of people with physical diffferences, keyboards, etc, and having more options is good. Not everyone can press shift+ctrl for extended amounts of time. I can, I do it very well, but not everyone can. They change the keys to other keys (especially the crouch key) but then that makes  it a bit tougher to do some of the combo moves. You can see where this might cause problems.

..."

The only part of this game that really doesn't flow very well is having to zoom to use the side/back "roll's" (it can become very disorienting), although I see why it's the way it is.  It would be nice if there was a way to change your zoom or some sort of fixed direction mode. "

Thank you.  I actualy like to side roll and backflip, especially when hitting a wall. You can backflip to a front or side postion of your attacker.  Unfortunately, you have to hold zoom(Right Mouse Button - default), S, Sprint, and hit the Jump key(spacebar).  That's alot of crap to get one menuever off, so yea, I agree.

Thank you.  I actualy like to side roll and backflip, especially when hitting a wall. You can backflip to a front or side postion of your attacker.  Unfortunately, you have to hold zoom(Right Mouse Button - default), S, Sprint, and hit the Jump key(spacebar).  That's alot of crap to get one menuever off, so yea, I agree.

It's actually just tapping sprint and you'll do your side/back flip, no jump involved.  The biggest issue is the zooming in, otherwise I could deal with it easily, lol.  1/2 the time I end up just sliding instead because it's less disorienting + lowers my hitbox. 

I'm not talking about a side "flip", its the side roll and its not something you can do just on the fly, though I use it only when I am at range and an obstacle is in view, or I think of it and use it or the backflip to avoid some carnage in melee range.