The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe/Quest Concept "Wraith" -WIP-

3044Smike

The semester is over, expect more work on this during January.  That said I do have a job so some things may not be finished before the end of the break.

So for what ever reason there is this slight hole in the lore of warframe around certain weapons called wraiths that have a fancy skin and have a built in catalyst. I figured welp you know what could help explain that a quest with a warframe attached to it that kinda make sense with what it does.

Originally this idea started as a kinda mix between limbo and inaros before either of them came out so I apologise if there are similarities in certain aspects of the design and the artwork.

* the -> in the stats and abilities denotes the change from unranked to rank 30 *

Description:

Spoiler

Wraith is essentially a fairly fragile warframe that needs to be close to both allies and enemies encouraging very close quarters cooperative gameplay and communicating with your squad. He has a zenurik (-) polarity for his aura as he is, in the end, a close quarters support frame with lots of crowd control so a corrosive projection or enemy radar aura might be nice. He has a Vazarin (D) and a Maudrai (V) polarity slot as well, hinting torwards something like rage and vitality to give him the energy to heal his squad or a continuity and intensify to benefit all of his abilities slightly so as to encourage the use of all of his abilities rather than just one (sorry wukong #shotsfired). I see him working well along side a banshee or a valkyr providing much needed heals, energy, and occasional revives whilst not too heavily disrupting the general gameplay styles of those same frames

Stats:

Spoiler

Armor: 450

Shields: 25 -> 50

Health: 150 -> 300

Power: 175 -> 375

Abilities:

Spoiler

Passive: Wraith has two passives the first being any excess health he picks up (say a health orb that restores 25 hp and he only needs 1 to reach full) is distributed amongst his allies (so 24 hp split between the 3 other squad members or 8 hp each); the second is an extra 50% mod capacity (basically at rank 30 you have 45 mod capacity) *not sure if stacking this with the an orokin reactor (90 mod capacity at rank 30) would be broken enough to not do it; the alternative being that the reactor doesn't stack with the passive leaving the max capacity with the reactor would be 75.

First Ability: Shade Strike -  Wraith's shadow strikes out at a target stealing a portion of its essence and returning it to him restoring health and shields

Deals 100 -> 350 damage to target unit restoring 75% of the damage dealt as health and shields to Wraith; but it prioritizes shields restoring them to full before restoring the any health; for instance at max rank with 50 shields and dealing 350 damage, you could restore 263, if you had taken damage and were at 25 shield it would restore the missing shield bringing it to the full 50 before restoring the remaining 238 of the damage dealt to his health. Also, the remaining hp, as according with his first passive, would be distributed amongst his squad mates once Wraith had reached max hp.

Range 10 -> 18 meters

25 energy cost

Second Ability: Dark Presence - Wraith's presence on the battlefield unsettles foes slowing their reaction times and shrouding their vision

Wraith is invisible whilst this ability is active and he is within 3 meters of an enemy unit; enemies within 12 -> 20 meters will have their weapon fire rates/ mele swing speeds slowed by 10% -> 25%

Duration 20 -> 35 seconds

25 energy cost

Third Ability: Dead Zone - Wraith drains all energies both electromagnetic and void-related from an area of effect. This renders all enemies deaf and blind and disables both nullifier bubbles and eximus auras, but it also disables the casting of all warframe abilities (excluding the focus related ones) *Acts similarly to nullifier bubble for allies BUT doesn't turn off abilities that have a duration and have already been activated such as iron skin, vex armor, shooting gallery, defy, or dark presence; you just cant re-cast them whilst in the aoe.

Range 15 -> 25 meters

Duration 10 -> 25 seconds

75 energy cost

Fourth Ability: Dread Empire*placeholder name* - Wraith rips open a tear to the void itself unleashing the full might of a interdimensional celestial storm in an aoe around Wraith damaging enemies and restoring energy to allies (himself excluded) at the same rate as he expends it; however the strength required to use this ability prevents Wraith from being able to move.

Deals 300 Radiation 50 Toxic and 100 Slash damage per second to all enemy units in the aoe *ONLY the slash damage can be increased with strength mods*

Energy cost 2 per second, provides allies with 2 energy per second (self excluded) *small note, adding efficiency mods will decrease the energy cost and therefore decrease the ally energy restoration so a low efficiency build might be warranted.

Range 12 ->20 meters

Concept Art:

Spoiler

- WIP -

First image is a portion of the original sketch, the rest is too blurry due to the poor quality camera, the second is a rough transfer to photoshop, very low detail but mostly how I want it to look

8YL3kn6.jpg

1st concept

K2ezdyU.png

Colors!

xIYQ5Mw.png

In-depth Concept

Intro Video Lotus Script:

Spoiler

Tenno, this is Wraith. He commands all energies of both our world and the void with astonishing prowess. With Shade Strike Wraith siphons the ethereal energies tied to his victims soul through their shadow dealing damage and restoring both health and shields. His Dark Presence encircles him in an aura of horror both reducing the attack speed and distorting the vision of his enemies. With Dead Zone wraith removes all ambient energies from a region blinding and deafening all who enter but at the cost of not being able to use abilities once inside. The void is a dangerous beast Tenno; Dread Empire rips open a tear directly to the void unleashing the full might of an interdimensional typhoon of energy ravaging nearby enemies and restoring the energy of Wraith's allies. Wraith's abilities can be enhanced greatly through the use of mods. Range Mods will positively benefit all of Wraith's abilities; duration mods benefit Dark Presence and Dead Zone; whilst strength mods will increase the damage dealt by both Shade Strike and Dread Empire. Wraith is strange force that is not to be underestimated. Use caution Tenno.

Lore/Quest:

Spoiler

---WIP---Be sure to make suggestions below!---

LORE:

The Archimedean Parintol (who helped design both the solar rails and the sentient) had a child named Cogitarus (his name being derived from the Latin word cogitari which means thoughts). Cogitarus became an Archimedean like his father before him at a very young age, some would say prodigiously so, and helped Balas as his assistant and apprentice throughout their careers. When the time came where the Orokin began building warframes Cogitarus had the thought of making a special frame to serve as commanders in battle. He called this new class of frames "Prime". Wraith was meant to be the first prime frame, essentially to be used as a Beta Test. Cogitarus and Balas designed Wraith to have far more power than the other frames so as to assert dominance and form a chain of command. However, they couldn't find a simple way to make the abilities of Wraith powerful enough to do so. In the end, Cogitarus, under the instruction of Balas, attempted to recreate the events that occurred on the Zariman 10-0. They theorized that the raw void energies that twisted and empowered the children may have a similar effect on the frame. Things went wrong. Whilst Cogitarus was working on the chamber meant to recreate the events the machine suddenly sprang to life, and both he and Wraith, along with an assortment of tools and modified weapons, were lost. How this unfortunate incident happened is unknown, but none the less Balas saw promise in the project that he simply couldn't abandon. However, now wary of various risks involved in such a project, Balas simply mildly upgraded some of his previous creations rather than greatly empower a new one. This led to the primes we know of today.

Due to the update with The War Within, and some apparent issues in my understanding of certain lore entries, I am re-writing this and the quest completely.

QUEST:

I need to completely re-write this as the majority of the quest idea that I had will no longer work with the current lore and how transference apparently works as of TWW update, I will post this eventually!

Please be sure to leave any comments/ideas of what you think of both the general concept and lore. Also, I need a name for the fourth ability, its only called Dread Empire because originally it summoned "demons" with Dread bows (stalker specters), but I threw that idea out long ago.

Edited by 3044Smike
+MOAR ART!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, Hemmo67 said:

sound interesting. but the ability to nullify our abilities? :l not sure how to feel on that

yeah, I know it could have limbo level trolling capabilities, but I kinda feel like it would be a little overpowered otherwise, that's why I changed it to basically prevent using ones rather than disrupting those in use, basically no channeling or nukes