Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Melee Weapon Stances

Riotface

Melee weapon stances. The Tennos' equivalent to martial arts instruction manuals. In lore it is considered lost tech, written/programmed by the primes. Only a skilled tenno may have access to this technology. Equipped much like a mod on a weapon, can only be placed in a special mod slot with a "stance" polarity unlockable through forma once item is level 30. 

Each weapon type has a (or even several) unique special stance(s) granting a different animation for combos and heavy attacks or even changing the weapon's usage altogether.

Example: A skana type weapon could be wielded in a reverse grip fashion giving the player access to quicker, shorter ranged combos that grant more damage while its heavy attack could be a 360 degree spin hitting more enemies but dealing less damage than its basic charge attack.

I could give a dozen examples, but you get the picture. Of course, this would take a lot of work on DE's end but i believe its an idea that will contribute to the fun of the game and add to the tennos' reputation of being skilled in combat.

I think making it some lost tech is counter-intuitive though. All Tenno should be skilled enough to understand that holding their weapon in a different position would change the game, it's the basics of swordsmanship xD

this could easily work, and be one heck of a feature, but unfortunately most of the animations i've seen out of DE seem a fair bit lackluster. i believe if animators (a job i hope to have one day) took more notice at what is done well by others, and what they could improve on, they could all stand to improve a bit. personally, i like a more dynamic/artsy animation style, kinda like that of "flameomega", "yukl", and the animators at radical entertainment. DE if u guys read this, try to spice up your animations, while they more than fill their requirements, the animations u guys use seem pretty bland.