The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incentives for longer missions

Kaldmigmads

Since the change from running Void missions for primed gear to the new fissure based missions, I have found myself missing those long, difficult endless missions. Do not get me wrong, I really like the new fissure system it cuts down on the frustration of grinding, since players now have a degree of influence on the rewards. But I miss using my super A++ best gear to survive and I miss having to carefully put together a cell to still be effective past the 1 hour mark in void survival. This has been exacerbated by the insanely powerful weapons like Galatine Prime.

My suggestion would be to put in incentives for longer play in endless missions and goes as follows:

Past the 20 minutes mark in any survival you would get a 25 % chance to earn and extra key award at every 5 minute interval. So from minute 25-40 you would on average have 1 extra relic. Beyond 40 minutes the percentage would be upped to 40 or 50%. So one or two extra relics for every 20 minutes played. 50 % would be the cap. You could restart the mission for easier enemies, but you would have to sludge through the none-raised-relic-chance first.

In Defense the cap could be raised for every 10 waves by 10 % since they are somewhat slower. Again to a maximum of 50 % increased drop rate.

For Excavation the chance of extra relics could be raised every 800 or 1000 Cryotic. I am aware that it is possible to kill far less enemies and simply keep everything CC’ed in Excavatation missions, but I do not know how to counter this. 

This system would also have the added benefit of more void relics in circulation, I have not scoured the forums for the thread, but I am fairly certain that DE noticed that players burned through their keys at a far faster rate than the old key system ever allowed.

Plus this system would also incentivize not running, say, three 20 minute survivals because it is far easier (and in my opinion far less fun).

This system should not change how the basic game works, but reward players going for a long run. All percentages would have to be tested, relic rewards is not a given it could easily be rewards equal in value to what else would drop, the increased chance of a relic could only apply to rewards tables that already hold a relic (with perhaps increased likelihood) and so forth.