Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Your Favorite Anime?

Chris9428

If I didn't misunderstand you.. Did you just indirectly say that there's no big difference between Anime and cartoon? :P

Potato-tomato, potato tomato.

Truthfully there isn't much besides saying that anime is made in Japan. But let's not make it an issue here.

Edited by LuxComedenti

I enjoy many of the things by Satoshi Kon.  Too bad he's non longer with us. R.I.P.

Paranoia Agent

Paprika

Tokyo Godfathers

I also like all the Studio Ghibli productions and all the Ghost in the Shell stuff.

Katsuhiro Otomo's stuff is all wonderful.

Akira

Steam Boy

Robot Carnival

Memories

Last Exile is cool

Genius Party is awesome if you're looking for something psychologically thrilling and super obscure.

Tekkonkinkreet is one of my faves.

Animatrix isn't only anime, but it's all good.

The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, are artistically on par with the best anime even if you don't consider it one.  All three art houses that produced the visual animation part of the show are located in Korea and frequently produce anime.

Also, if any of you guys like batman, check this out:

It's a whole bunch of batman shorts done by different animation studios.

Edit:  Holy Balls! I almost forgot to mention Guyver!  It's the closest thing you will get to a Warframe anime and one of the reasons I love Warframe so much.

The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor

1989 ver

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor

2005 ver

The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor

Edited by FirstZen

Potato-tomato, potato tomato.

Truthfully there isn't much besides saying that anime is made in Japan. But let's not make it an issue here.

Well, for me at least it's a huge difference :P

Like.. a PC (Anime) and a Mac (Cartoon)

Example:

Anime

tumblr_m3vvtu4YMg1r37x8yo1_r1_500.gif

Cartoon

tumblr_lwjizv9kmi1qm6sfao1_500.gif

This isn't supposed to be arguing in any way though. I'm just trying to point out that there's a huge difference XD

/Edit/ I guess that example is a bit overkill, but it points it out pretty good though :P

Edited by Chris9428

Well, for me at least it's a huge difference :P

Like.. a PC (Anime) and a Mac (Cartoon)

Example:

Anime

tumblr_m3vvtu4YMg1r37x8yo1_r1_500.gif

Cartoon

tumblr_lwjizv9kmi1qm6sfao1_500.gif

This isn't supposed to be arguing in any way though. I'm just trying to point out that there's a huge difference XD

/Edit/ I guess that example is a bit overkill, but it points it out pretty good though :P

the influence of western cartoon techniques, like the ones used to make this rabbit's cartoons,

is the inspiration behind the techniques used by the pioneers of Japanese animation.

TL;DR

Anime should be sucking the barrel of Bugs Bunny's shotgun =P

Edited by Suprizebuttseks

the influence of western cartoon techniques, like the ones used to make this rabbit's cartoons,

is the inspiration behind the techniques used by the pioneers of Japanese animation.

TL;DR

Anime should be sucking the barrel of Bugs Bunny's shotgun =P

But it's not. that means Anime has been successful :P

On the topic of anime vs cartoon

I think of it as "all animes are cartoons, but not all cartoons are animes."

Hmm. It might be right, but then again, Animes are produced in a very different way. And I also think of anime much more different than of cartoon.

In my opinion, there are universes between anime and cartoon.

Konachan.com%20-%2071014%20blonde_hair%2

It might be just me though. But people hit a nerve of me when they compare anime to cartoon smh :P

Edited by Chris9428