Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Build Critique

orkel1215

Question

I just recently obtained Chroma and I wanted to get some critique on my build. 

http://goo.gl/Ur6mfy (plus equipped the "Decaying dragon key") Fire Chroma

This build is designed for longer (30min+) survival missions with infested; The idea is that you would deploy the Effigy, then run around with your 2nd and 3rd active at all times. The Effigy would be CC and Chroma would power the Effigy by taking damage. Then restoring the lost health with Life Strike and Chromas 2nd. Here is a breakdown of how I play this build.

1. Wait until Power is around 125 or so, and there are plenty of enemies around, then activate Chromas 4th.
    1. This Cuts Chromas armor in half (225) making him lose health faster (And gain mana).
  2. Activate Chromas 2nd ability directly after activating his 4th. (31 Seconds)
    1. The 2nd ability (fire) boosts "Base Health" by 260% that is additive to Vitality 280% [100(2+2.8+2.6)+200]= 940HP.
    2. This gives a 360 HP buffer to power the effigy and to not be instantly killed.
  3. Start the 3rd ability directly after activating the 2nd. (31 Seconds)
    1. When Chroma takes damage to the shields it increases his Armor. (Multiplier for Sheilds lost = 0.81%/1dmg, Max = 455%)
      1. After taking 455.7 Sheild Damage it will max, this will add a small cushion when taking damage. 
    2. When Chroma takes damage to his health it increases his damage output. (Multiplier for HP lost = 2.27%/1dmg, Max= 357.50%)
      1. After taking 157.5 HP damage it will max, this makes Life Strike work more efficiently and increasing overall damage output

Effigy Stats:

• Health: 10,400
  • DMG/Sec: 2,600 (Fire)
  • Radial DMG: 200 (Fire)

1 answer to this question

Drop Fleeting Expertise to 3/5, remove the Decaying Key, and preferably swap out Steel Charge for a different aura. Corrosive Projection, Stand United, or even Energy Siphon. Given the rate Effigy procs status, you might even use Growing Power. I'd also recommend swapping one of the mods for Steel Fiber, as it drastically increases your survivability. With a high efficiency build, Flow is a good candidate to kick to the curb.