The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Lamia, The Demon Frame

-HolyFawn-

I've had this idea on my mind for some time. It is a "Ghost" frame. Think of this as a spirit based frame with crown control/high damage capabilities. I figured it could be a girl and I decided to name it and base it off of the legend of Lamia, the part serpent, part sea monster, and part vampire. I'm trying as hard as I can to steer it's abilities away from Nyx and Nekros as that seems to be the most ideal comparison when I discuss this with clan mates. Her passive will be that when she is within a 4 meter radius within an enemy, they will receive a cold status. This would be helpful if you are using melee or in a massive swarm with a shorter range weapon. Her base power would be 200, along with 90 base armor. Base health would be 1,000. (her 2 ability will make sense of this absurd amount). She will have no shields because why would a ghost need shields? They're spirits ;D 

Base Power: 200; then 320 at rank 30. That would make her power 880 with a max primed flow, surpassing the highest energy number in the game of Saryn and Volt Prime

Base Health: 1,000; then 1,100 at rank 30. 4,480 with a max vitality surpassing Inaros. 

No shields. Ghosts do not need shields as they are spirits. 

Base Armor: None. However her 1 ability can give her armor. Thought this would be an interesting challenge. 

The abilities would go as followed: 

1 - Dissolve - This is a targeted ability. When activated upon a target, it begins to suck life out of an enemy, like Inaros' 2, except a bit different. As opposed to being locked in with the enemy, this ability would be a one time activate and then you could move around freely while it does it's job. This will do damage scaling to the amount of health a target has, so the less health, the less damage it will do. Also, this is a duration ability and as long as the enemy is in Tenno Affinity Range, the caster, including team mates will get benefits as followed: You will get health if you are damaged, and if your health is full, you will get energy. If BOTH heath and energy are full while the ability is happening, you will gain armor which will have an unlimited cap. I can see how this could be overpowered/broken, it needs some tweaking. If the drain ends up killing an enemy, they will dissolve and that enemy in particular will have a 4x resource drop rate (good for the higher tier enemies that have rarer resources).

2 - Empathy - This abilities range will be based in the Tenno Affinity Range and you will hold it to cast it like Inaros's 4. When this ability is activated, all of your allies in range will receive a healing. This is very different from how Trinity's blessing works though. Instead of launching a blast that just gives a damage resistance, you will take on the burdens of your team (hence the term Empathy, 'to be able to psionically feel the pain of others").  This means you will take on any and all procs, toxic, cold, slash, corrosive, etc... You will lose health as your team mates gain it, taking health from your own life bar and giving to them (hence the 1,000 base health). When you have absorbed any amount of damage from your team mates, when you let go of 2, it will send all of that damage you absorbed back out to the enemies around you in the Tenno Affinity Range. This includes the status procs you absorbed (note the amount of damage you release will be multiplied by your power strength). It's worth noting holding 2 for too long can possible kill you because you can only take so much before zero health, yet, you could do some massive damage if you absorb long enough.

3 - Possession - This ability was the idea that sparked the whole frame concept for me. This will be a set duration and targeting ability. When activated, you will become ethereal and possess a foe, and then you can move around as that enemy dealing damage to other foes based on power strength. Since this is a set duration, the time in possession is as follows and cannot be changed by mods. At base when you unlock it: you will possess the target for 10 seconds.. At level 1, you will have 20 seconds of possession, plus increased damage. At level 2, you will have 30 seconds of possession, along with more damage. At max level 3, you will have 40 seconds of possession along with the max scaling damage your power strength offers. If you want to leave the possession early, you can re-activate the ability and you will exit the enemies body. 

4 - Brimstone - This is her ultimate. This ability is based on range, duration, and power strength. When activated, all enemies around you will be lifted up into the air, similar to how Rhino's 4 works, except instead of stomping, you will lift the enemies up like a poltergeist and they will be surrounded in an aura based on your energy color. The longer the duration on this ability, the higher the enemies will fly up into the air. You will be locked into the ground while this happens like Mesa's 4. Yet if you have high armor from using your 1, you will be able to tank more. When this duration runs out, you will stop casting, and all the enemies in the air will come screaming down in all different directions blowing up and killing everything around you. Their height in the air will scale the damage of their impact greatly, so longer duration is better, yet you can also stop casting and release mayhem when you see fit. Note the heavier the target, the more damage it will do. This would be great for late game defenses.  You will not be able to re cast this ability until all the current enemies have fallen out of the sky. This will also be a hefty cost to cast even with max efficiency. Note: Very fun, very deadly. >:]

I've worked on this frame idea for a couple months now and needless to say, I am very happy with how it has turned out. She might seem slightly overpowered by I'm on the fence about it. If anyone has any comments/ideas that would be great!

Edited by -Moose-

1.  Actually wouldn't be all that broken if it could get wiped by nulls and scrambus, the only issue would be it outperforming ev in regards to energy gain and that's just a matter of numbers.

2.  Kinda sounds like nyx's ult but you pay with your life bar instead of your energy bar, neat idea but it would need some number tweaking to keep it relevant at higher levels.

3.  I like, kinda like inaro's sand mimics but more actively combative.

4.  Kinda seems like a gravity variant of sound quake in it's current iteration.  Neat but could use some tweaks to keep it in line with the ghost theme.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)dening123 said:

Seems like a very 'pro' centered warframe. But, i can still hear it. "OP, needs nerf"

On a slightly unrelated note, loving the second ability.

That was one worry for me was she sounded too complicated for newer players. Although I feel like playing her and seeing the abilities work would make the feel different idk :[