Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Host Tools :(

Dreed

What Host Tools will do?

Successful completion of this tool test will be required by a player to host the game. Player should run it in game, this tool wil test his connection speed D/U. Around 850kb/s in upload should be enought for 4 players.

For What its needed?

Because player, like me, sometimes like run on maps with "randoms". Some ppl dont have friends or guild and its a only option for them to play with players. Why we need this, because many many times i join to player who is horrible host.. lags, teleports, can do nothing in game. Even when i put 200 in ping limits... not help.

Other Options:

- choose what you want to do, join to existing player or start new session.

Edited by Dreed

What Host Tools will do?

Successful completion of this tool test will be required by a player to host the game. Player should run it in game, this tool wil test his connection speed D/U. Around 850kb/s in upload should be enought for 4 players.

I'm absolutely against this idea. It also stands in contradiction with this...

Some ppl dont have friends or guild and its a only option for them to play with players.

The test should be done on a voluntarily basis.

this is 2 options.. im realy mad when i cant start my own session and when i join to players who are realy bad host ...

Technically you could start your own solo session or private session. but that's not quite what you're looking for.

However, rather than draconian limits for who is allowed to host (as that would prevent bad hosts from ever getting help when they use void keys,) I would prefer a system that both:

(a) allows the "group leader" (i.e. the current host) to transfer hosting duties to another player before the mission starts

and

(b) allows you to start your own open session even if there is another session which has open slots (which is nice if someone started a defense mission and then went AFK at the entrance so the mission won't ever start.)

Personally, i feel we should be able to select ONLINE > HOST

Sometimes i don'Some people have S#&$ computers, and i happen to not be one of them. Since a LOT of players can't gett more than 12FPS while hosting on their low-mid tier computer hardware, joining is the only option. IF all the people with good rigs are clients already, who are the people with lame computers going to play with? Nobody.

So give us an option to host. It's a service we should be allowed to offer.

EDIT

allowed TO CHOOSE to offer.

thanks.

Edited by InsomniacOvrLrd