Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumping?

Reminiscense

I personally like all the movement / combat animations and effects, except for the jumping mechanic. There's been times where i've had to hit the space bar twenty times to get on a ledge because either I couldn't jump high enough or I was too close to it. It's impossible to grab ledges if you're facing the wrong way and to turn around mid-jump takes at least 2-3 seconds, all this would also improve wall-to-wall runs and just player movement in general.

I don't think I'd be able to grab a ledge if I was facing away from it. Doesn't that make sense... Sort of? To properly grab a ledge you need to get high enough, slightly above the ledge position (talking about head/shoulders), as far as I know. Also run towards it.

My point is, it's just sluggish. If you're moving away from the wall to jump and grab the ledge, press space just a second too early, you're gonna be jumping towards the ledge facing backwards. If you could turn mid jump instantly, it wouldn't be a problem.

I see your point. I personally didn't have many problems with jumping, though my gameplay is laggy and as such my jumping experience isn't the best. I'd need a 40+FPS constant play for me to properly judge the jumping mechanics, though :P