The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Fanart - Tensor

Nevrmoor

Mithikal got me into mudbox, just got the 30 days trial a few days ago, gather ye rosebudds while ye may i guess!

btw, funny how easy it is to stall a computer @8pointsomething M poly

I had the idea for that white organic stuff when i studied Lokis arms. The idea is to have it look like its grabbing the helmet with huge force, like strong muscles under tension. im still trying to figure out how to get the best results. Texturewise theres not much going on yet, just basic bumps and a few speculars. This is all done with PTEX, so dont even think about sharp edges!!!

Respect to all Mudbox tutorial creators out there!

edited to get some basic lights and adjusted the exposure in certain areas...

tcbpgzo4g.jpg

I cant think of anything in the past few years that inspired me like warframe.

"canon-wise" do you think this could be a real warframe in terms of material/construction?

Im out of juice for today, need moar inspiration. Ah, constructive and suggestions are always welcome!

Update on the modelside of things with an all new base mesh:

tcbp2u0u4t.jpg

This time no textures, im focusing to get the modeling concept on the full body down. I like the upper part of the new helmet, but the lower one was cooler on the earlier model... The overall kinked effect is astonishing easy to produce, just the wrinkle vector stamp on the sculpt tool and figher away! but it takes ages to get definition and direction into the muscles.

Im not sure if i should expand the shoulder/ breast padding to cover the whole breast. The face/ eye area will be covered with metal plating, i will use some sort of neopren/ leather texture for the rest and stuff inbetween the organic stuff.

I found THEPERFECT bump map (surface structure if you will) for the organic stuff: Same, also known as Ray skin, those flat fishy things. Japanese sword grips are covered by this material below the wrapping to enhance surface friction. This way i can catch up with the space ninja theme xD

It looks like it has to be this way, but then again i only made some quick trials. Some sample Renders will follow

Id like to have some feedback on the proportions and overall design concept, i.e. arms, more muscles? extended shoulder pads? get more metal plating for the armor parts? that Nose thing (as FirsttoLast called it xD)

See you in space, Cowboy!

Edited by Nevrmoor

The back of the head looks like a human helmet and the front looks like a brainbanging-creative-frame.

+1

... Yup.

in fact the aft quarter of the helmet isnt modeled at all :> , i just wanted to catch some thoughts on the overall concept. My idea is to get some sort cable /fibres running down the back originating from the white organic stuff.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far, the only way to grow as an artist!

See you in space, Cowboy!

Im not sure if i should expand the shoulder/ breast padding to cover the whole breast. The face/ eye area will be covered with metal plating, i will use some sort of neopren/ leather texture for the rest and stuff inbetween the organic stuff.

It's hard to tell without any textures, but I don't think you need to cover the whole breast with the padding. Something along the lines of the seams and folds you can find on Excalibur and Mag, and some energy lights on the body would be nice, though.