Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Real Cutscenes!

Asanogawa

Everyone wants and has requested more lore/background for the game of Warframe. It seems the DEV's have heard our request and promised to adhere to it with the promise of implimenting more lore in upcoming updates starting with update 9. I have yet to see what delivery system they have decided to use to impliment the upcoming lore/story. Most of what we currently know has been given to us through either simply by reading the "Story" section on the Warframe site or from the miniscule amount of text that pops up every so often during our missions (especially assassination missions). Wether it's the lotus or the bosses themselves with each mission we learn a little bit more. My proposal is that they replace this text aswell as the current three second, o so lackluster boss cutscenes that essentially serve no purpose what so ever. Instead add in real cutscenes in which there is some dialogue between the tenno/lotus/boss. Whether these cutscenes happen before/after the boss fight or even throughout the mission itself it seems like a much more appealing aspect as opposed to the current underwhelming cutscenes and fleeting text.

PS. I love the short cutscenes in the beginning where we drop from the vents/out of the ship (even though most people seem to skip them) but it would be nice if there was a little more variety. It may not mean much if anything to most players but I seriously love it when the warframes drop down and one looks back at the other with a "we got this shii" attitude, it really gets me in the RP mood of being a badass ninja.

Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors

and one looks back at the other with a "we got this shii" attitude, it really gets me in the RP mood of being a badass ninja.

Really? I thought they were looking back and trying to figure out how the other 2 got there because they didn't come out of the vents. xP

Though I'm not too sure how well cut scenes will go over with back and forths, or even monologues....since they don't speak our language. Cuttitles! The new cutscene. I was hoping they were eventually going to move them towards speaking english(they're clearly humans!), but apparently not with that e3 trailer. Though I suppose I wouldn't mind a little more showmanship than *turn around* *use hand to say bring it* *cut scene end*.

I think the current sparsity of information works quite well. Instead of having prerendered cutscenes shoved in your face, a large chunk of the story can be delivered to you through item text, boss dialogue, system descriptions and stuff. Sort of like how Dark Souls does it.

Really? I thought they were looking back and trying to figure out how the other 2 got there because they didn't come out of the vents. xP

Though I'm not too sure how well cut scenes will go over with back and forths, or even monologues....since they don't speak our language. Cuttitles! The new cutscene. I was hoping they were eventually going to move them towards speaking english(they're clearly humans!), but apparently not with that e3 trailer. Though I suppose I wouldn't mind a little more showmanship than *turn around* *use hand to say bring it* *cut scene end*.

They don't seem to speak our language and yet they endlessly taunt us throughout every assassination mission. Can always add subtitles as they did with the trailer.

Edited by Asanogawa

Wait, the grunts speak English but the bosses don't? Probably just one of those beta things, but it could actually be pretty interesting, like the higher-ups in Grineer society speak some other language 'cause the're too good for the common tongue.  

PS. I love the short cutscenes in the beginning where we drop from the vents/out of the ship (even though most people seem to skip them)

It might not be super related to your post, but yes I skip through them too. The reason though isnt because Im impatient, its because the game has a bug [one of many] that sometimes the intro cutscenes of flying to the ship and coming down from the vent doesnt occur right away and lags or something while there's other people in your game. Whatever the reason I notice sometimes I see the game before the cutscene for a split second, which causes the little 2 second message that pops up telling you "You need 20 pistol kills" or whatever shows up during the cutscene, but the cutscene blocks it from actually showing up. So the only way to make sure you know what to do is to skip the cutscenes and hope you can read it in time before it poofs.

If they made the message appear over the cutscene it would fix it. If they made it so anytime you brought up other players health and such just in case you forgot what your little "side quest" was to do, even better. It always gets me mad though when I forget to skip the cutscene to see the game screw me about it though and have to guess what Im supposed to do, then going through the ropes. Slide kill with melee, either of those? No. Shoot someone in the face with rifle then pistol, any of those? Well it's not 3 kills in 10 seconds. Break a window to hack a console? Use my first or ultimate ability? Gah! Really? It must be 10 unalerted kills!? I think unalerted kills are rediculously hard in comparison, should be more like 2 or 3. Only way I can get them usually is in corpus missions killing the cameras... which shouldnt even count if I was to be honest.

Anyway... *rant over* That really should prolly be its own post... maybe I'll make one for it.

Yes, Id like to see more cutscenes and story and RP elements in the game and plot, dialogue, character choices, character customization, personal growth, and all of that! Bring it on I say.

Wait, the grunts speak English but the bosses don't? Probably just one of those beta things, but it could actually be pretty interesting, like the higher-ups in Grineer society speak some other language 'cause the're too good for the common tongue.  

Actually I was wondering the same thing, and was wondering if theyd make bosses speak more english since they taunt you in english, or if theyd get rid of the grunts. I also wonder why the male grunts speak it fine, but the female grunts sound more like squaking parrots. "SQUAWK KILL THE LOTUS SQUAWK!"

I wonder who in DE did the voice clips for them too... I know Rebecca did Lotus.

Edited by unmog