Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Crashes on Close

nekonoshinigami

Question

So I'm not exactly sure if this is in the right section, but I don't think that's a big deal. Anyway, here is my issue. Every so often, maybe one in ten times, when I close out of Warframe, my computer will just be black screened and require me to turn it off and turn it back on. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact I play on a computer that isn't meant for gaming but runs this game at 60FPS on low-medium graphics settings, but it's all I can think of. I'd assume it causes a pretty large system load on such a weak piece of equipment and it can't handle it. There was one occasion that my laptop's black screen went away and came back fine but I left it on all night and it wasn't back until the morning.

4 answers to this question

9 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I get the opposite. I shut it down then it starts taking all of my memory and I have to shut it down my task manager.

I have tried to fix it using task manager but my actual computer is just black screened and nothing will load. I can spam ALT+F4 or ctrl-alt-delete for task manager but nothing will load in at all, the fan just starts to whir louder.

1 hour ago, nekonoshinigami said:

I have tried to fix it using task manager but my actual computer is just black screened and nothing will load. I can spam ALT+F4 or ctrl-alt-delete for task manager but nothing will load in at all, the fan just starts to whir louder.

I play windowed since I hate the 2-3 seconds between changing the game and my browser. I guess that is why it closes. But the same experience keeps. Are you running through steam? I do. It sucks. Can't bring myself to re-download the game.

On 10/1/2016 at 11:52 PM, OverlordMcGeek said:

I play windowed since I hate the 2-3 seconds between changing the game and my browser. I guess that is why it closes. But the same experience keeps. Are you running through steam? I do. It sucks. Can't bring myself to re-download the game.

Nope, I downloaded the game off the website. I originally played on PS4 so I knew about this and came immediately here to download it. I would play windowed if it not being fullscreen didn't bother me lmao