Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Undercutting Myself?

(XBOX)ToothlessApollo

Question

I don't really like the method of going around farming prime sets. That takes too long. What I do like to do, however, is run what I'm running with whatever frame I got, and selling syndicate mods in trade chat. I've been selling syndicate mods (on any piece of a weapon that's 25000 standing) for 10p. People jump at it like sharks, but I'm not entirely sure. Am I getting sales because I'm underselling? Could I go higher? Would I still get the same turnout from trying to raise the price to about 15p or 20p? I'm trying to make a living, but at the same time, I don't want 1. the competition of trying to sell sets, 2. to deal with the inflation that has seemed to drastically lower the asking price of most prime sets, or 3. risk lowering my ability to make sales based on the raise in price. What would all you professional sales consultants out there recommend?

7 answers to this question

No, you're not undercutting yourself as 10p is the usual price for everything in syndicates worth 20-25k standings. You could ask for 15p, but there are people who don't bargain and would straight up refuse instead of asking 10p, so you're avoiding that risk by asking for 10p. (This is on PC, I don't know if the prices are much different on XB1, but they shouldn't be)

How do you get the standings though? by doing syndicate missions, or doing xp runs? If it's the latter, you could try Hieracon or Xini, which both give nice amounts of xp, while still getting relics. So after you get your standing daily cap, you can run these relics and stock up on traces for future use, while potentially getting rare parts. I've been doing this for the past months and I didn't have any problem plat-wise.

Syndicate mods usually go for a really low price, the highest I would sell for is 13 platinum (syndicate weapons sell for 30-35 so yeah)

Prime sets/rare parts make me the most plat, especially the ones that just came out

I usually check my prices at warframemarket.com or because I don't sell often in trade chat I just make a post on the site 1 platinum lower than all other sellers 

that results in me getting the first offer that is not much under the usual selling price  

18 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

No, you're not undercutting yourself as 10p is the usual price for everything in syndicates worth 20-25k standings. You could ask for 15p, but there are people who don't bargain and would straight up refuse instead of asking 10p, so you're avoiding that risk by asking for 10p. (This is on PC, I don't know if the prices are much different on XB1, but they shouldn't be)

How do you get the standings though? by doing syndicate missions, or doing xp runs? If it's the latter, you could try Hieracon or Xini, which both give nice amounts of xp, while still getting relics. So after you get your standing daily cap, you can run these relics and stock up on traces for future use, while potentially getting rare parts. I've been doing this for the past months and I didn't have any problem plat-wise.

I threw the 3 sigils from the left side on all my frames and just went around doing my daily farming chores for whatever I needed, then willy nilly. You'd be surprised how fast that stuff actually accumulates.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

Yeah you're about right. I've sold a few of them myself and sell for 15. Never had anyone who's had a problem paying 15 either. I don't advertise them though. I tend to just wait until someone posts that they want to buy them.

That takes forever though, it seems most people just want the same crap, Frost/ Ember sets, Lotus Kubrows, Full sets of stuff, event mods, overly expensive arcanes, or stuff that's just insane to get. I have very little patience so I'm a bit more assertive with my selling.