Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Builds [For Newer Players]

KeiYinXI

Question

Hello, I've recently gotten into using Valkyr.

I'm a fan of her Hysteria Ability and wanted to do a build based on the Ability "Hysteria". However I don't have access to Corrupted Mods, or other Mods that are often used with Valkyr such as Steel Charge , Continuity , Eternal War , Transient Fortitude. Would anyone be able to recommend a nice Starter-Friendly Build for Valkyr? (It doesn't have to be a Hysteria Build but I would VERY much appreciate it.) Also where can I find some of this often used Mods for her? I'm currently using Broken War , Dread and Magnus as my weapon Arsenal.  https://gyazo.com/3b63c4b997796e8df514e5c96d486503 (I know it's probably a horrible Broken War build.) I'm working on getting Galatine Prime, but I've had awful luck with the pieces and since I'm short on platinum buying the pieces off the Market isn't a choice for me at the moment.

Edited by KeiYinXI

9 answers to this question

Hello there :)

For starters, to build a Valkyr around Hysteria, the main important stats for you to focus on are:

-Power Strength to deal more damage per hit

-Power Efficiency and Duration to reduce the energy drain on Hysteria.

so mods such as:

-Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage, Power Drift for Strength

-(Primed) Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution for Duration

-Fleeting Expertise and Streamline for Efficiency

are important in any Hysteria-focused build. You can slot in any of the mods that you have, but take note that once you manage to acquire those mods you don't have, they are the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that perfect your build.

As for the other slots, I mainly use Vitality for survivability, Rage to gain energy when taking damage, or Steel Fiber for more armor. Of course, if you can get your hands on the augment Eternal War, you can use it in tandem with the previously mentioned mods for something like a hybrid Hysteria-Warcry build.

---------------------------------

Now to focus on your Broken War build! First and foremost, remove Melee Prowess, Finishing Touch and Heavy Trauma as they don't do much in increasing the damage of your weapon. In its place, slot in (if you have them):

-Elemental mods, such as Molten Impact, Fever Strike etc. different elemental combinations give rise to different damage types such as Viral (Cold + Toxin) or Corrosive (Cold + Electric) that are effective against different enemy types. I suggest you give this a read, as the wikia gives a detailed explanation concerning damage types.

Edited by X3Evanescence

I would probably start out with running a few on purpose trash runs for prime parts, then sell them as prime junk (with a bit of luck you usually get about 10 plat for 5 junk prime pieces), mostly so that you can buy streamline (if you don't already have it), continuity and eternal war, as they are probably the mods that will give you a decent enough bump in performance not counting corrupt mods due to the fact you probably want to get as much as possible out of hysteria when you have it up (and Warcry is going to help alot there, not to mention duration reduces drain on hysteria as well).

As for a build, you're kinda limited there, because of your limited loadout i'd without a doubt use vitality, streamline is also pretty much mandatory. Other then that the only ones i can think of that you'd have access to would be... Probably flow (because i'd say you probably have free mod slots for it), intensify, and for aura either use energy siphon or corrosive projection if you have them, if not, just try to match your polarity.

Overall i'd suggest starting to do corrupt mod runs either in squads or if you wanna solo probably doing exterminate very carefully, because most of the mods necessary for a truly effective hysteria build (and honestly most builds on most frames) really do require corrupt mods.

9 minutes ago, KeiYinXI said:

Can I ask where I might be able to get those Strength Mods? I don't think I'll be able to get corrupted Mods for a while so I don't think Narrow Minded is a choice for me. Is Constitution corrupted? 

Constitution is a Nightmare mod, but due to the removal of normal Nightmare mode missions, it is currently limited to Nightmare alerts.

Power Drift can be obtained from the treasure rooms in Lua. As you have completed the Second Dream, you have access to the planet, and you should be able to get your hands on it.

Both Transient Fortitude and Blind Rage are corrupted mods.. Unfortunately.

Edited by X3Evanescence

This is a fairly good beginner build. Not good, not bad. Passable for any content on the Star Chart, though, barring 45+ minutes in the Void:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_0200020020_2-4-10-3-8-5-5-2-5-6-1-5-7-6-5-14-7-5-19-0-10-59-5-3-518-3-3_19-14-6-6-5-9-518-9-2-12-59-5-7-9-14-9-3-18-f-f_0/en/1-0-19

My real build (yes, I know P Flow is at R9, but I don't have the desire to forma everything I own again, and Transient is only R6 for the same reason)

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_4400220020_2-1-10-3-8-5-6-5-5-19-0-10-47-2-5-59-7-3-479-4-10-481-6-9-518-3-3-615-9-5_19-7-2-6-47-11-518-9-479-7-6-6-481-13-59-9-3-18-615-9_0/en/1-0-19

I build it for Eternal War, so power strength is still necessary.  Still works pretty well with Hysteria, but Eternal War is fun with heavy weapons. Galatine P in the hands of Valkyr is almost as deadly as it is with Chroma. Almost. (and cue the person telling my something's wrong with one or both of my suggested builds)

As for Broken War - I would go with a raw damage build. For a beginner, that would pretty much look like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Broken_War/t_30_230000002_224-3-5-225-7-3-228-4-5-239-6-5-241-1-5-244-5-5-247-0-5-251-2-5-307-8-0_247-5-241-6-251-11-224-9-228-7-244-9-239-9-225-7-307-4/en/4-0-94

None of the mods are hard to get (except for Crimson Dervish, but looking in Trade should net you one), fairly common stuff, no R10 mods, no Blood Rush, Body Count, or Berserker. This will get you through most content on the Star Chart, tbh. 

However, I'd have to tell you to get something better. Nikana Prime outperforms B War in every way. If you can't get that, Lesion is also ridiculously strong, and it's rather simple to make. It's fairly time-consuming, though, and eats a lot of Credits because it requires the Tipedo (which requires the Bo and  Kunai to build). 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee