Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting Frames/loki

Juha_Bach

Maybe a little gameplay video with a description of the powers from lotus for each frame would be nice.

This is a very good point. There is no reason to remove Loki, he is a good frame and does work in the beginning if you have some patience and the right play style. However, they need more information on the frames before you pick them, I chose Mag and that was a mistake, but the description of Mag was the one I liked best. After playing all three starters my favorite is Loki.

In short: more information on the frames before we pick would be nice.

You know, they could easily fix the in-game description for loki some thing like "Loki offers superior battlefield control to players skilled enough to master him. While lacking any direct damage dealing abilities his utility skills easily make up for it". Loki however is useless without any proper mods applied on him, I vote that you should be given a "MOD starter pack" once you choose your first frame. The content of the mod pack shoud vary depending on what frame you choose, that way they balance the game and make it less of a $#*(@ to get good mods early on.

Edited by Lukap99

Stealthy is key word, not stealth, stealthy.

Ash probably would auto-win low levels with his 1k base damage ult, but the idea is, Loki is frame loyal to the concept of stealth moreso than Ash.

Ash is a good starter, he's not too powerful, Slash Dash has the same damage as shuriken roughly, until you max out the ability, somethin new players won't easily have access to, and Ash is more of a stealth frame than Loki. Loki's Disarm, Decoy and Switch Teleport all alert the crew and whereas none of Ash's do (the corpses might, but the abilities themselves don't.) and on top of that he's easier to play.

Now I started off as a Loki ,on account of a misclick I admit, but I still feel Ash is a better starting frame than Loki. Tougher, more obvious uses for his skills, actually fills the stealth role better than Loki. Having said that, Mag seems an even wierder starting frame seeing as she's the subject of massive changes in the near future and is widely considered underpowered. Is that what DE really wants new players to see? Ember, Volt or Trinity seem like more logical choices to me, but anyway, this is about Loki.

Tbh I don't entirely see why they can't eventually let you pick your starter frame out of ALL of the frames. Minus Rhino's exp lock (which makes no sense, btw), but I that's easy enough to remove. The goal is to have all of the frames be equally useful at their thing, and have their thing have a purpose. Allowing peple to start with the playstyle they think they want most first is actually a rather nice thing, and this isn't League where every week you can try out a different playstyle for free.

Besides, I know I wanted more than just Volt when I first started. Banshee and Nyx were also on my list.

Oh and Ambulas is like turbo easy. Really, every boss is. Bullet sponge (minus Kril whom ACTUALLY REQUIRES STRATEGY KINDA ISH), you just get one Banshee with Sonar, or a Trinity with Link, or, or, or...

Hell, I can solo-kill Kril in the span of one freeze if both him and Sonar are kind enough to put the orange spot facing me in his statue at the start of it. Or on his head, but that's just overkill lol.

Hardest boss fight I ever had was an Ambulas run that had a loki put his decoy right in the way of EVERYONE's line of fire, so we all sat there derping at it for like 5-10 seconds while we waited on the decoy to die or the loki to move it. Was annoying, too, Sonar was on the left upper-leg (big, easy-to-hit spot), and we had him down to like 20% remaining when that damn Loki did that :/

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I don't know how you do, but when I play the game for the first time and see something with "for advanced players only" description, I take it instantly. I took Loki and I never regret it. I was playing with 2 friends and I was always last in terms of damage and overall gameplay, until I learned the game. Now I love that feeling when I clear entire waves on Xini and hear on teamspeak "Loki OP" :) 

I agree with most opinoins that the starter frames are fine the way they are. Loki is a frame for advanced players that wish to control the battlefield to their advantage. Excalibur is a well balanced frame that offers a variety of skills for both beginner as well as verteran players. Mag is a powerful support frame I have no experience with, yet.

My starting frame was Loki because I have been playing a variety of genres and can easily adapt to most games and like shifting any situation to my favor. So when I saw the descripion of loki to be both for advanced players AND offers a variety of control abilitys, I just HAD to take it. And it has never disappointed me up to now. Corpus Defense wave 20? Place Decoy, let them come close and deploy a Radial Disarm, watch as you and your teammates rip helpless enemies apart. Maybe start Invisibility and start rampaging in melee combat.

Up to now, I have played with Loki, Excalibur, banshee and Ember. loki is my absolute favorite of the bunch because his abilities make him the perfect choice for any task. If a beginner player wants a Warframe with high difficulty but high reward, then they should be allowed to get it. I do agree though that especially the descripion of mag is very misleading and should be changed a little.