The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A birthday, a founders pack, and a new game called warframe.

kasalaba

Since today its my birthday, 6th of October (I specify because time zones) I wanted to get into how I got my founders pack, and what it meant to me.

I found out about warframe on the first week of its open release. I started downloading, and started checking out the characters to pick my fave, as I did with all other MMOs. Little did I know that it was nothing like any other game. Frost did stand out though.

Fast forward to the October three years ago when the founders packs where coming to an end, and I still hadn't got one since I found, at the time, the first one not worth it, and had no money for any other.

Until the 6th of this month three years ago. My parents gifted me for my birthday with money instead of something else. It was not too much, but it was enough for the hunter pack. So I bought it.

At the moment it felt like nothing more that a glorified platinum pack, although it did have excalibur prime in it. But the amount of time I had thrown in this game before the liset came out and lotus erased our stats from memory was too much. So it already has proven worth it. Also its the only game that actually runs on my not that new pc, and that's important.

It is one of the few games I am proud of supporting the time that I did.

I was going to go into detail about how the game did and broke so many barriers, since I planned this post from before, but I can't. I don't have the mental capacity after all the latest dingus that's going on.

The delays of the update have made me very very tired of the situation, and the game.

The toxicity in the forums is too much. Don't get me wrong, I *@##$ too. But to a curtain point and not until it is harmful. And people are straight up hatting and attacking here.

Also many posts, some of mine included, have been disappearing and that leaves a bad taste on my mouth since I don't know why.

Now about the last update, the vacuum thing. It came out little after my clock turned midnight, and I was ingame, so it was kinda like a gift. A boring one since I do not use sentinels so I could care less. It could be amazing for all I know.

I know that I will still be playing the game, and try to have fun.

So happy birthday to me and a get well to warframe, cause you are kinda under the weather these days.

Thanks for reading!

41 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

At the moment it felt like nothing more that a glorified platinum pack

Sums up the feelings I had about the pack back then too, if Excalibro hadnt been my fav warframe I wouldnt have bought it.

Happy birthday

latest?cb=20121001021910

46 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

Also many posts, some of mine included, have been disappearing and that leaves a bad taste on my mouth since I don't know why.

Thanks for reading!

Yeah.. I've also taken notice of that. It hasn't happened to me but they really shouldn't do that.

Editing and removing profanity is okay, but removing a post just because someone has a strong opinion on something is a no-go.

But as it hasn't happened to my posts yet, I can't judge.

1 minute ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Happy bday I guess.

Really? You could wish me a bad birthday and it would be better. What is that apathy? You guess?

WELL GUESS WHAT

Spoiler

You guessed correctly, it is both happy and my birthday so thanks!

1 hour ago, kasalaba said:

Since today its my birthday, 6th of October (I specify because time zones) I wanted to get into how I got my founders pack, and what it meant to me.

I found out about warframe on the first week of its open release. I started downloading, and started checking out the characters to pick my fave, as I did with all other MMOs. Little did I know that it was nothing like any other game. Frost did stand out though.

Fast forward to the October three years ago when the founders packs where coming to an end, and I still hadn't got one since I found, at the time, the first one not worth it, and had no money for any other.

Until the 6th of this month three years ago. My parents gifted me for my birthday with money instead of something else. It was not too much, but it was enough for the hunter pack. So I bought it.

At the moment it felt like nothing more that a glorified platinum pack, although it did have excalibur prime in it. But the amount of time I had thrown in this game before the liset came out and lotus erased our stats from memory was too much. So it already has proven worth it. Also its the only game that actually runs on my not that new pc, and that's important.

It is one of the few games I am proud of supporting the time that I did.

I was going to go into detail about how the game did and broke so many barriers, since I planned this post from before, but I can't. I don't have the mental capacity after all the latest dingus that's going on.

The delays of the update have made me very very tired of the situation, and the game.

The toxicity in the forums is too much. Don't get me wrong, I *@##$ too. But to a curtain point and not until it is harmful. And people are straight up hatting and attacking here.

Now about the last update, the vacuum thing. It came out little after my clock turned midnight, and I was ingame, so it was kinda like a gift. A boring one since I do not use sentinels so I could care less. It could be amazing for all I know.

I know that I will still be playing the game, and try to have fun.

So happy birthday to me and a get well to warframe, cause you are kinda under the weather these days.

Thanks for reading!

first of all, happy birthday

second, the toxity is created by the updates since a year, its not a playerbased toxity, its a development- and core-game-mechanicchanged basement toxity, i dont think its bad that this "toxity" as you share it is here

its a chance to bring back warframe to its former glory

youre not alone being a loving and maybe realcash supporting player

there are many of them and i for myself agree fully with the good vibes for warframe you share

as well as there are people like me which support with real cash since closely to 3 years every prime pack and plat too

and we are all individual human beings with different tastes and likes, thats not easy for devs to fullfill with the "glory of development" of hard work behind the curtains by creating warframe

anyway, we need a change, a big change in how players are "handled", there the diversity has to come back and im pleased for more respect that we all are human beings and that lots of us has given a lot of cash into

i know that many of them which did that are more in a healthy "state of ignorance" then in a bad state of "ignorance", as well as we need a change

and only then the toxity will leave, if not, players will leave ... as easy as that and in the best mood ^^)

thx for your sharing and thx for the motivation to find for myself a point to give a final comment into warframe and as i expirience it right now

GL and have fun ^^)

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

Really? You could wish me a bad birthday and it would be better. What is that apathy? You guess?

WELL GUESS WHAT

Reveal hidden contents

You guessed correctly, it is both happy and my birthday so thanks!

You're welcome.