The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void fissure diversity

majorchord96

The general consensus, as I have seen, is that farming sucks. DE tried to remedy this by removing the keys and replacing them with relics, allowing us to (slightlly) cut down on the amount of farming for gear items. A lot of people didn't like this, though. I believe that the key to resolving this lies not in decreasing the amount of farming, but increasing the diversity of it.

As it stands, every void relic cracks open in the same way. You get 10 reactant and complete your mission. Now, I'm not an expert in game design, but doing that over and over again is going to be boring. It doesn't matter if I have to do it 20 times or 40 times or even 60, I'm probably going to lose interest long before anything interesting drops. So, what if there was more than one kind of void fissure? Perhaps one kind where three main fissures spawn and you need to seal them by collecting reactant and delivering it to the fissure. Each fissure would only require three reactant, but carrying reactant slows you down and causes stronger enemies to spawn. There could also be a fissure type that requires energy from shields, like hijack missions. Given all of the possibilities, I'm surprised that the current void fissure system is limited to "kill enemies, get 10 oranges."