Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch Target Vs Crates

IcarusNine

Do you know what I would like back?  The ability to switch enemies while on top of crates and other props.

It's disconcerting to cast ST on a toxic ancient and get a face full of health loss, but that's not quite as disconcerting as taking out 90% of the creative locations you could send an enemy to, for whatever devious, Loki-themed tricks you had up your sleeve.

Then again, maybe Grineer Commanders can't switch teleport you if you're on a crate.  I should test that.

Yeah I question the point of having switch teleport without being able to use it wherever you want.

Loki is supposed to have complete control of the battlefield, but the way he is now he's basically just there for Decoy and Invis. I don't even play him anymore because Saryn also has a decoy she can deploy in the air that can't be touched by infested, doesn't have a cast time, and draws almost as much if not the same about of threat.

Radial Disarm can be useful too, if you've extended a weak team too far into a T3 void mission.  The heavy machine gunners, they won't go away...

Mostly this is a comfort issue.  Though, considering the game is happy to spawn enemies in inaccessible areas and switch teleport was supposed to be fixed so that it couldn't, ordinarily, toss you out of the map, maybe it's a bug?  I'm not really sure when it was implemented (I was playing Rhino and Trinity for a bit too long) so if it showed up in patch notes, I'd be interested in seeing that.

Well, when I played a Loki it was pretty silly that I dealt with Hek by shoving him up onto a high spot he douldn't get down from and just emptying my mags into him, but having said that, it certainly didn't take away from the game to switch ancients onto boxes or, you know, be able to switch teleport with people who got themselves into a wierd position. To top it off on account of this change, switch teleport is highly unreliable because even in what looks like a perfectly ordinary circumstance, the game could decide that switching with Grineer Mook #53754254 is going to break the game and only teleport one of you, choosing which one on a whim.

I really hope they just change it back, why not let Loki teleport bosses into wierd locations, isn't that the point of the Warframe that rewards creative players to let them do things like that? Most bosses can either continue what they were doing from that location anyway (any boss with a ranged attack is just as much of a threat as before) and any melee bosses can either get down (I'm pretty sure Regor can slash dash down if he wants, Vor can teleport) or was such a chump to begin with that being teleported into a location where he can't attack doesn't even change anything.