The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

body diversity in lady frames

senatorspade

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

vInblyf.jpg?1

So what is your assessment?

Nekros body type is not ornament, Rhino's, Oberon has a thick mid section. That's not an ornament.

Frost is the one i can say it's "ornamental" because he looks like he is wearing a coat and has huge greaves  but since it's not a clear add-on like Oberon's tabard piece i am considering the coat his body.

hMk9SFH.jpg?1

This goes for Rhino, too.

You cant just say, "if you get rid of the bulk he will look like a different body type." Of course if you change the body it would look different.

Im talking about whats there, the base model we see. You cant strip anything from Rhino because what we see is Rhino.

Like i said, outside of the 3 curvy and 2 skinny, the rest are the standard base with just slight variation in certain measurements. And if you are going to count Nova having a smaller chest then how can you discount Rhino when his measurements are bigger all over the place? We have to judge all the designs equally, here.

And the discussion is about overall body types and not if they all have the same exact measurements. Of course, very few have the same exact measurements. There is variation on the presentation but the base is the issue. The stuff they use to build on to create the frame.

Most female frames come from one standard base while males get to dip in all sorts of types in a more even spread.

The beerbelly thing was a joke so the spread is essentially, standard 5, slim 3, thicker 4, and unique 3. And i should probably be counting Chroma as unique or thicker but im throwing it in standard cause im counting the base as the frame and the armor as an add-on.

What I'm talking about is the mostly flat V torso that most male frames have, it's an unrealistic throwback to a male ideal of the Superman shape formed in comic books. Most male frames follow that for two rather explicit reasons in male image. 1) There are less acceptable "attractive/normal" male  forms than there are acceptable "attractive/normal" female forms. 2) People are less concerned with whether a male image is percieved as attractive and discard the image out of hand.

Important addendum: "acceptable" "attractive" "normal" are not based on my opinion, but social observation.

The requirement of attractiveness and normativity is indeed a problem, the male problem and the female problem are approached at different angles. A big difference here is that the female shapes in the game are realistic and attainable via effort (generally speaking), whereas only Vauban is really normal outside of bone-stucture for males.

Furthermore I am talking about body types here. When you look at the torsos you need to visualize the lines drawn from hip to shoulder, the curves or lack thereof. I will admit I hadn't noticed the bump on Oberron's torso, but I find it akin to what we called a "pidgeon-chest" where I grew up, which is something you learned to ignore because it was viewed as a birth defect. Therefore you didn't judge people for it. In my book that makes it something mentally discarded as irrelevant to form and character.

I'm basing my observations and determinations on this in a rather distinct manner. I will explain, just try not to view it as gruesome. These are non-living visual manifestations of code after all. Female frames ARE notably lacking in ornament... and clothing for that matter.  Visualize if you will, that you were to strip the frames of armor, and clothing. As frames don't "mate" there are no direct sexual features to be concerned with. Then dismember the frames and observe in detail the component parts. Mentally that is what I am doing. Where and how the joints fit is relevant, the general shape of the torso. The lines from hip to knee (aka the thighs). Where the approximation of muscle groupings is relevant.  Hands and feet are generally discarded as they are not entirely relevant to form.

The difference in groin is noted, but not nearly as relevant as the rest. The process above is how I am observing and making my assessment on the differences. I'm not denying there are similarities in broad body types, but there are more notable and ignored differences.