Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Lag.. Really, Lets Get Some Suggestions Going..

Boarchild

Well,

As the topic suggest many games are laggy as, well, an infested spacestation..

While the ping limiter adressed one of the culprits, it doesn't do enough. Ping isn't that bad most of the time. Most games besides the hyper-adolescent World of COD behave quite well with an above average ping. Bandwidth though, is an issue in a game where you play the host.

Most people do have a descent internet Connection though, so what's the main issue? What lowers people's bandwidth like crazy? I Think you know where I'm going here. Torrents..

While most games don't suffer, since you're playing on a central server, warframe does. If you're the host, and you're uploading a ton, the other players will suffer. The thing is the host won't know he's the host most of the times, and will think it's another players connection.

So, while this is sorta jokingly, we need a warning when people host if they have a torrent program running.  I rather Think that would sort out alot of the lag issues :p Force Close utorrent.exe on hosting players :D

Do you Think alot of host-lag is due to people having torrents running in the background?

It could be due to a number a reason, but I can tell that I do not want Warframe scanning my running processes while I'm playing.

Though only a workaround, one feature that I really want would be the ability to force the game to create a new online game with you as the host. This would at least let you bypass that one laggy game that is preventing you from playing online on that one planet that you want to do.

i would suggest warframe rent some server :( even without download anything my internet here cant host more than 3 ppl..

Yah i know this country suck :x

thats why i suggest a rent server like on battlenet.. or u make it more lag free like Heroes of Newerth

true.. its cost alot.. but considering alot of problem with connection.. this weird port thingy.. even my friend with poor internet connection cant see contact well.. because of massive clan.. make the contact loading so damn long.. we need something better :x

I would definitely buy a virtual server(VDS) for hosting games in Warframe, if they added incentive to/method to actually join it from p2p. Say I could set custom filters, or boost certain aspects.

Edited by F43AK

Central servers would be preferred, but means more expenses for DE, which means less profit.

Decentralised hosting Always turns games laggy though, unfortunately..

Centralised hosting isn't that expensive tbh, certainly not if it can host around 2K players.

Or a peer to peer system could solve the lag issues, not sure if it could solve hacking problems.

Yeah, letting us pay for dedicated servers would rock. Let's say we could spend platinum to pay for a dedicated server for a month..

It wouldn't be a dedicated server, it would be a Virtual dedicated server. Dedicated would be like buying Grand Master every month, lol.

Who's to say people won't lag on a dedicated server as well?

You're not quite tech savvy are you? The current lag we have now is based on players hosting with sub-par connections/upload rate. While dedicated servers have quite massive upload rates, typically more than enough to allow thousands of players to be connected to at once. If we were to have dedicated servers the only lag people would get, would be if they were running horrible connections, as in dial-up, lol.

well.. if someone can help setup VPS that would be great.. since cheap VPS "here" only like

1x CPU Cores
512 MB Dedicated RAM
1000 MB Swap Memory
25 GB HDD Space RAID 1
unmetered Bandwidth
1 IP Address

18-19$.. :s

it is unmanaged and LINUX!!

Edited by Ragnz