Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do?

(XBOX)Blazemon13

Question

I just started trying to get back into the game after not having played since some time before the ship base existed, and I'm barely managing to stumble my way through this all. I know the easiest way to figure things out would be to join a clan, but they all come across as full of people who know what they're doing and to be honest I don't have any idea as to what I'm doing aside from soloing my way through default missions. On top of that I'm long past being tired of joining clans and guilds and the such that claim "active and friendly/social" and then finding that either no one there communicates, is ever on, or is willing to help someone in my position. I want to enjoy the game, but I know I can't do that without the assistance of others. So I suppose my question is, does anyone have any advice or anything that could help?

Edited by (XB1)Blazemon13

5 answers to this question

Hello

I'd be willing to help on a casual basis as I prefer to solo the game. I'm MR 22 but still don't have a clue and like to take a lighthearted/daft approach to the game.

So long as you wouldn't be too reliant on me I'm more than happy to help and I'm on xbox as poodlebingo65.( that should tell you something! )

Which zone do you play in?

Again, just let me know and I'll help if it's possible.

Good luck Tenno.

Myself and what's left of my clan, which at this point is two other people, are just getting back into WF after taking the summer off.  

We are and always were a very casual clan, we all often solo stuff but organize when we need help as well as help each other with info we have learned in the game. We aren't on all the time or every night, life and work sometimes get in the way.  

Feel free to add me on xb1 if you'd like some help getting thru stuff or if you might like to join up. Like I said we are just getting back into it after 4 months away there are so many changes lol, can't imagine how different it seems to you. 

I would suggest you start from the beginning of the solar map, perhaps Mercury, and use the easier missions to refamiliarize yourself with the fundamentals of the game.

Pick a warframe, grab some weapons from your arsenal and don't worry about anything else for the timebeing. Just play some missions to get back in to the rythm.

I'm sure it'll come back to you naturally.

Once you feel more familiar you can start looking in to better modding your frame and weapons or aquiring others.

The starmap is linear and the lines give you a sense of direction and progression. Incomplete missions are marked as blue and planets are seperated by junction nodes which also unlock story quests and additional equipment. Continue to do missions and cover any incomplete or new missions as you progress through the starmap. Aquire new mods on your journey and play about modding your warframe and weapons, experimenting is a big part of the game. Story quests can be accessed from the codex once they have been unlocked. The codex is a wealth of information as well as the Warframe wiki.

There's no reason to feel lost, the community is full of helpful players as well as official guides who you can usually find in relays or in region chat and they are always happy to answer any questions or concerns.

You may feel reluctant to join another clan but it really is recommended. Not only for the social aspect but also access to additional equipment. Your experience may have been bad with clans in the past but there truly are plenty out there who would be more than willing to welcome and assist you, not to mention the alliance that the clan is likely a part of.

Try viewing the clan recruiting section on the forums to see if there are any that may appeal to you.

Unfortunately we're not on the same platform so I can't play with you but I hope this post might have helped a little. :satisfied:

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova

8 minutes ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

I would suggest you start from the beginning of the solar map, perhaps Mercury, and use the easier missions to refamiliarize yourself with the fundamentals of the game.

Pick a warframe, grab some weapons from your arsenal and don't worry about anything else for the timebeing. Just play some missions to get back in to the rythm.

I'm sure it'll come back to you naturally.

Once you feel more familiar you can start looking in to better modding your frame and weapons or aquiring others.

The starmap is linear and the lines give you a sense of direction and progression. Incomplete missions are marked as blue and planets are seperated by junction nodes which also unlock story quests and additional equipment. Continue to do missions and cover any incomplete or new missions as you progress through the starmap. Aquire new mods on your journey and play about modding your warframe and weapons, experimenting is a big part of the game. Story quests can be accessed from the codex once they have been unlocked. The codex is a wealth of information as well as the Warframe wiki.

There's no reason to feel lost, the community is full of helpful players as well as official guides who you can usually find in relays or in region chat and they are always happy to answer any questions or concerns.

You may feel reluctant to join another clan but it really is recommended. Not only for the social aspect but also access to additional equipment. Your experience may have been bad with clans in the past but there truly are plenty out there who would be more than willing to welcome and assist you, not to mention the alliance that the clan is likely a part of.

Try viewing the clan recruiting section on the forums to see if there are any that may appeal to you.

Unfortunately we're not on the same platform so I can't play with you but I hope this post might have helped a little. :satisfied:

Good advice.