Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ui, Weapons, Platinum (Personal Rollup Thread)

BladeMaverick

Where I'd rather post everything into one topic than have potentially more spread across. Technically on topic to the forum since it would affect gameplay.

There's a few complaints I have about the current UI, as some stats do not show up, and a few recommendations I can possibly give..

- How much energy a skill uses. (Shown in mod menu or even as a little number on the top right inside the skill icon, adjusted to show Power Efficiency in use.)

- How much base damage a skill does. (Mod menu and adjusted skill stats for comparison reasons, and again as above as a small number in the skill icon.)

- True stats to certain weapons (Not sure on which ones, but I do recall some like the Kunai do not have "100% Accuracy") While yes at short range it does have true accuracy, over longer ranges it should be mentioned that it does not have the ability to hit a target dead on where the dot of the crosshair is, that it has a parabolic trajectory.

- Show stats of melee weapons to compare base/mod stats, how much reach (be it short/med/long or in meters), and "rate of fire".

- How much total damage to potentially expect with elementals and other base-damage increasing mods to possibly expect from shooting something without armor/weaknesses/resistances.

In terms of weapons..

- Either decrease reload time or increase magazine size of the Vulkar due to its slow rate of fire, coupled with its current reload speed makes the sniper not very reliable in the heat of battle unless HEAVILY modded. (Forma'd, Potatoed) (Or hell, give it innate puncture or armor piercing. It's a high-powered rifle! Who wouldn't love to see 2+ enemies die from one shot?)

Mechanics of Platinum..

I know the whole point of Platinum when it comes to purchasing is to get your item as soon as possible instead of either farming out materials or waiting for completion of blueprints.

When it comes to blueprints, I suggest maybe making it so that how much platinum that is required to finish a product is dependant on how much of the blueprint is completed.

Example : A weapon takes 12 hours on average to complete (yes I realize there are some that take 24 hours), but costs, say, 50 platinum to rush production (Yeah there are some where the cost for platinum varies). Why not make platinum-rushing is tiered? So when you first start the blueprint construction, it costs the full 50 platinum. When it's 25% complete, deduct the amount of platinum needed by 25% so you only need 40 platinum to rush. 50% would be of course, 25 platinum. Afterwards when construction reaches 75%, you would only need 17 (16.6..) platinum to rush your blueprint and get your item faster. Although, once it reaches 75%, the price will not drop below 75% to cap how little the player can pay for rushing.

This would both encourage players on purchasing platinum to get their items just a wee bit earlier that don't mind going out and searching for their items, but are impatient enough to sit there and wait for their item to be crafted and gives an incentive to wait, then get it early.

As an example, a player gathers the materials before they have to leave for an unspecified amount of time to an undisclosed location (work, family, kidnapping, whatever), returns 6 hours later to see that their item is half done. They don't want to wait any longer, so they only pay half of what it original cost to rush the blueprint when it first started. Player gets their item, albiet a bit cheaper than normal; DE gets paid regardless for platinum bundles.

With the current system, you either pay the full price of rush building, or you wait the time until it completes. Why? What's the point of spending, say, 50 platinum on rushing an item that only has 4 hours left? You want to mess around with it now! Not in 4 hours! Thus, the player feels discouraged that they can't pay for the remainder of the time until their item is complete and is presented with two choices : Pay the 50 platinum; or stick it out for at least 4 hours.

---------

^ Just my two cents so far. Will add more as they proceed to filter in.

Edited by BladeMaverick