Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stage Missions

Silver_Villian

I know this idea has been mentioned in the live stream and may have already been talked about in other treads. I just wanted to throw my own idea out there.  

While working for materials and blueprints. I found myself grinding the next thing after the next and then after looking at the hours I've spent in game. I took a step back to evaluate if I was stepping into a Skinner box trap, trying to judge the intrinsic and extrinsic value I was having in game. So, after much though about it I came up with an idea that might solve some of the problems/issues that players, my clan mates and I have been having.  

The idea is a chain of missions you need to do and once you complete the chain you get a reward.  For example, you start out with a spy mission and go collect 4 data files after the mission Lotus can inform you that from the data you collected that a ship needs to be sabotaged, a prisoner need to be rescued, an enemy platoon need to be exterminated and an enemy need to be captured and interrogated. After you complete those mission there is the enemies counter attack which is a defense mission for a set number of waves (like the ones for the artifact event). After defeating the enemy wave the chain is finish by eliminating the the boss responsible.

Keep in mind I'm not setting this up as one long mission but rather in broken up stages, so player can break if they need to for whatever reason.  I'm also trying use levels that the game already has because if the players and DE like this idea, I believe it can be done without diverting major resources to it. I also think it would be a good idea to have these stage missions/space ninja quests to be purchasable for credit on the market, either under equipment as a special kind of key or it's own tab.  I personally would like the reward to a mix bag of resources in bulk and/or blueprints.  Example, complete a 7 stage mission like the one I outlined, a possible reward could be 5000 circuits, 2500 plastids, 5 neurodes and a warframe blueprint piece.

I believe this would break up the grind a little bit better than farming that same defense or boss missions over and over again.  However, all of this is just a suggestion but I would like to hear the communities thoughts on this idea.

The cells idea is pretty cool and well thought out and I applaud you for your efforts on working and refining the idea.  While I do find Cells to be a good idea, I'm thinking that the cells are too big of an idea to put out in the near future.  One of my main goals is to provide some small step towards endgame content that DE could execute quickly and with minimal effort.

I'm sure the designers at DE have their own ideas for endgame content, I'm just wanting to pitch a simple idea that will help fill the void.