Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake Charge Attack

FoxOhmai

So as with new things come a few bugs we can always expect that, this one is rather interesting and just wanted to get it brought to attention. When you kick someone over with the Kogake (The charge attack not the AoE knockdown) you can no longer use the ground finishing move along with the fact you can't even see their health bar while they are on the ground.

Edited by FoxOhmai

This is because the charged attack, like the Kestrel, uses a ragdoll instead of a knockdown.

DE, please, for the love of all that is holy, stop using ragdolls on still-live mobs.  

Or, if you insist on it, please at least consider doing the following:

1. Allow ground-pounds on ragdolled mobs.  Seriously, the inability to do this greatly impairs these weapons.

2. Don't strip mobs of their nameplates.  In a pug setting, as we saw with the Kestrel, this leads to people assuming they have died, causing them to move on to new targets.  That's not ideal when you are doing it to, say, an Ancient Disruptor, or a boss.

As it stands, the ragdoll effect of these two weapons is horrendously bad design.  It can certainly be fixed, but I don't see why you wouldn't just use a knockdown instead.

Edited by fsac

This is because the charged attack, like the Kestrel, uses a ragdoll instead of a knockdown.

DE, please, for the love of all that is holy, stop using ragdolls on still-live mobs.  

Or, if you insist on it, please at least consider doing the following:

1. Allow ground-pounds on ragdolled mobs.  Seriously, the inability to do this greatly impairs these weapons.

2. Don't strip mobs of their nameplates.  In a pug setting, as we saw with the Kestrel, this leads to people assuming they have died, causing them to move on to new targets.  That's not ideal when you are doing it to, say, an Ancient Disruptor, or a boss.

As it stands, the ragdoll effect of these two weapons is horrendously bad design.  It can certainly be fixed, but I don't see why you wouldn't just use a knockdown instead.

The ragdoll effect is awesome, how dare you ask for it to be removed. The Kestrel + pits = insta-gib. I imagine the Kogake work the same.

The ragdoll effect is awesome, how dare you ask for it to be removed. The Kestrel + pits = insta-gib. I imagine the Kogake work the same.

Awesome as it may be, it has a few major problems (hence my post about it in these, the feedback forums) ... not the least of which is the boss-cheesing.  Also, no, that doesn't work nearly as well with the Kogake, compared to the Kestrel.  Mobs tend to more "fall down" than get thrust backwards with this weapon.

I'm not asking for it to be removed so much as I am asking for it to be made user-friendly.  As is, it is anything but.  Replacing it with a simple knockdown would be, in my mind, better than nothing... but I would much prefer to see the glaring issues with it addressed instead.

Edited by fsac

Awesome as it may be, it has a few major problems (hence my post about it in these, the feedback forums) ... not the least of which is the boss-cheesing.  Also, no, that doesn't work nearly as well with the Kogake, compared to the Kestrel.  Mobs tend to more "fall down" than get thrust backwards with this weapon.

I'm not asking for it to be removed so much as I am asking for it to be made user-friendly.  As is, it is anything but.  Replacing it with a simple knockdown would be, in my mind, better than nothing... but I would much prefer to see the glaring issues with it addressed instead.

the ragdoll definitely needs to be addressed but I think one shotting some enemies is a neat ability that actually requires a bit of skill. I wouldn't count on it working on re-worked bosses like the new Vor.

Also... you don't even need a pit to knock mobs off into.  

I just confirmed a bug with ragdolls that enables you to kill (presumably) any mob in the game that is not immune to the effect in one shot... be it a boss like Vor or Hek, or a Corpus Tech on wave 100 Outer Terminus.

Also... you don't even need a pit to knock mobs off into.  

I just confirmed a bug with ragdolls that enables you to kill (presumably) any mob in the game that is not immune to the effect in one shot... be it a boss like Vor or Hek, or a Corpus Tech on wave 100 Outer Terminus.

If it doesn't drop the loot it's not really dead and so it's pointless to bug it out that way. You can do so with vortex and bounce as well because they ragdoll enemies. Either way, a bug is not a valid reason to remove a feature.

If it doesn't drop the loot it's not really dead and so it's pointless to bug it out that way. You can do so with vortex and bounce as well because they ragdoll enemies. Either way, a bug is not a valid reason to remove a feature.

They still drop loot, just as with the pit exploit... and exploits are a much more valid reason to, if not remove, at least address the problem.  Again, not saying it needs to be removed, but it is painfully apparent to me that something needs to be done to ragdolling still-live enemies.  Preserving the integrity of the game should trump the "awesome factor" every time.

Edited by fsac