Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict

Rargon

Question

So im a pretty new player to this game and im trying to learn as much as possible to make my builds as strong as possible.

I read that there is a place called Orokin Derelict which has really good loottable, especially the mods.

However I have no idea where this place is, is it on a planet or in the void? How do you access this place?

6 answers to this question

You will need nav coordinates (dropped from containers throughout the star chart) to craft the derelict keys. The blueprints are purchasable from the market. Once you have the key, the relevant node on the start chart will be unlocked and you can play it once. Then you will have to craft another key.

Now for the mods, you will have to craft a dragon key. These blueprints are purchasable from the clan dojo tenno lab but this time, you will need void traces to craft them (10 each). Now, you will have to equip the crafted dragon key (as you equip codex scanner and energy restores). Once equipped, it will apply a debuf on your warframe (depending on the type of key). Afterwards, you will have to go to the derelict mission you want and locate the vault, open it with the dragon key, get the artifact, finish the mission and see what mod was the artifact you got.

Exterminate derelict missions are the best for this as they are fast, but I would suggest getting a group to do this as there are 4 possible keys and only 1 vault per mission, so you might find the vault but the key you carry does not match... For solo, you could just find the vault and if it does not fit the key, abort and retry.

Keep in mind that as soon as you pick the artifact from the vault, all remaining enemies change to corrupted units.

Good luck, hope I helped. For much more detailed information, check the link posted by Ninja above ;)

14 minutes ago, ultragen said:

Once equipped, it will apply a debuf on your warframe (depending on the type of key). Afterwards, you will have to go to the derelict mission you want and locate the vault, open it with the dragon key, get the artifact, finish the mission and see what mod was the artifact you got.

Exterminate derelict missions are the best for this as they are fast, but I would suggest getting a group to do this as there are 4 possible keys and only 1 vault per mission, so you might find the vault but the key you carry does not match... For solo, you could just find the vault and if it does not fit the key, abort and retry.

Keep in mind that as soon as you pick the artifact from the vault, all remaining enemies change to corrupted units.

So if I get this straight, there is always a Vault in the zone but there is 4 different "doors" that match with different keys?

So if im going to the derelict zones I should always do it with 4 people with 4 different keys to make sure that I always gain access to the vault for the "rare" mods? 

Also, thanks for the replys!

pretty much yes. There is no vault in defense, assassination and survival I think. Your best option is exterminate always...

Also, keep in mind that as you can see the warframe and weapons carried from other players in the team, you can also see the key they carry, so that you can coordinate.

17 minutes ago, ultragen said:

pretty much yes. There is no vault in defense, assassination and survival I think. Your best option is exterminate always...

Also, keep in mind that as you can see the warframe and weapons carried from other players in the team, you can also see the key they carry, so that you can coordinate.

So basically there is 1 key you can craft which you can then choose your debuff from? Or how do you coordinate this? In the lobby before the game or can you do it during the game?

44 minutes ago, Rargon said:

So basically there is 1 key you can craft which you can then choose your debuff from? Or how do you coordinate this? In the lobby before the game or can you do it during the game?

There are 4 different keys (Bleeding, Hobbled, Exaulted, Decaying), each with their own different debuff. Each member of the team will carry a different key to ensure 100% chance of opening the vault. You can't change or equip keys in-game, so people do it in the lobby.