The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Or Paris?

blinkbot

If by fall off you mean damage, then no. Paris is better for high level enemies since it's damage ignores armor. I'd recommend the Paris.

Dread has 50% more base damage and an extra 50% crit damage so fully modded Dread is superior against anything because of elemental mods and massive crits.

Dread has 50% more base damage and an extra 50% crit damage so fully modded Dread is superior against anything because of elemental mods and massive crits.

Is that true even against lvl 100 heavies? If you had a Paris, and a Dread both modded the same way the Paris would outperform Dread the higher the level of the enemy you are fighting.

I've potatoed both and used them on high level infested defense. The Dread will out-preform Paris until you get around lv 80+. Dread is very good as already stated because of the 3x normal infested damage, faster speed, and more base damage.

Also consider that Dread will be much easier to score headshots because of its faster speed. This is most apparent when dealing with ancients as their heads are often hidden and you'll only get a chance for a split second. Whilst Dread may do less raw damage at higher levels, the damage done through head shots has the capability on putting it on par with the Paris. It also has a higher crit damage.

If potatoed Dread is better, even though it doesn't have AP that 50% more damage also means 50% more damage for every elemental you equip.

Criticals are better on dread too, but that's a minor difference (a difference that 'lessens' if you use Vital Sense).

A less minor difference is that the Dread is easier to use because its arrows fly faster and drop less.

The forum consensus is dread.  I'm actually saving my latest catalyst for a dread (if I can ever get it) and sitting on a level 30 Paris all the while... its frustrating and I'm tempted to just forma/potato the Paris rather than wait.

Based on the numbers, and my play style, I'm just going to wait for the dread :p