Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Joining Groups So Hard? (Joining, Not Finding)

Altissimus

So, we have a small but growing clan of people all within the EU-West region.  We're all running decent hardware with good bandwidth.  There's a good cross-section of people and locations involved in this.

Yet, half the time invites fail.  Session-join attempts don't work.  People get disconnected mid-game for networking reasons.  We all have our ping settings at "unlimited".

Today, I have spent a third of my time in the game trying to get groups connected.  This is helped enormously by the fact that we're all on Teamspeak 3 (don't get me started on in-game voice).  Without that, if we had to use the chat system while not being in a squad, or even across guild chat, it would be even worse.

4 of us successfully (eventually) joined for a T3 void.  We are yet to be able to recreate that with the same people, with the same person forming the group.

Like, wow.  Seriously.  

We've all turned off our firewalls.  We've started playing with port forwarding now.  If there's something else we should be doing, please do let me know!!

A.