Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Randomize The Planets Resources/materials Every Now-And-Then?

bryanfury_vas_Qwib_Qwib

Just a thought for a way to break up the monotony of farming the same planet over and over again for resources. What would happen is every week or so the resource drops from planets would be either switched with another planet's or completely randomized (there would still be one rare resource drop to each planet). The same goes for bosses too, like say instead of Golem dropping neural sensors it would drop control modules and instead of hyena dropping control modules it would drop neural sensors (blue prints will not be affected). Now it won't be at complete random meaning you can still see what the drops are by the planet name. I know some people will be against this for they know which planets to go to immediately to get the resources they need, but I've noticed a lot of people in the regional chat, in-game chat, and clan chat talking about how they are tired of farming certain planets over and over again. I know farming will always be tedious, but it might be a refreshing change from playing on the same planet over and over for a resource that's either only there or has a higher drop rate than other planets that have the resource as well. And I also know that this would be done by computer so there is the off chance that a resource may not appear at all on any planets, but the off chance of that happening would probably be slim and if it did happen DE would most likely fix it as soon as possible. Thoughts?

Edited by bryanfury_vas_Qwib_Qwib

+1 to the title, didn't really read the rest of the post. 

My only concern is: why do different planets randomly have different resources? (because that is the resource native to that planet, which leads to:) How could the resources of said planet change?  Obviously this could just have a few lore tweaks (since there isn't really much of any thus far, so...)

Or, at least match the resource description with where we get things... as for example, Nano Spores, Plastids and Neurodes are all stated as being Infested in origin, while Ferrite, Alloy Plate and Neural Sensors are Grineer made. Idk, neural sensors only dropping from J3-Golem has bugged me since forever.

I would settle for Ferrite dropping in Pluto. Given the quantities needed and number of items that require it (specially clantech stuff) it amazes me that it doesn't and your best bet is to go back to Mercury/Mars with an Ember/Master Thief/Thief's Wit opening crates, picking locks and setting the world ablaze while collecting resource drops.

Ferrite farming is the single most annoying and least pleasant thing to do in the "end game" of Warframe.