The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling weapons + Survival rewards

Pmueck3

Question

Hello,

i have 2 little questions :

-If i go and carry with my max melee a primary to level can i level it by using exalted blade ? or do i need to actually use it ?

-I watched some vids lately of survivalruns where i see the person getting prime parts and forma etc. but when i do the void survival only thing i get are credits/Endo or relics , is this changed so all the parts are now relics ?

2 answers to this question

Prime parts only drop from relics now. Before Specters of the Rail update people would get void keys and then be able to enter the void, we don't need keys to enter the void anymore.

As far as I know I believe exalted blade will only give affinity to the warframe. (90% sure though, I just play without worrying about it much, sometimes other actions randomly award affinity to other weapons). One thing to do is if you are in a group and are nearby you get shared affinity for everything, I tend to bring 1 good weapon in this case for when lower ranked weapons start to lose potency during survival.

Edited by Keruvinde
fixed some spelling

21 hours ago, Pmueck3 said:

1:If i go and carry with my max melee a primary to level can i level it by using exalted blade ? or do i need to actually use it ?

2:I watched some vids lately of survivalruns where i see the person getting prime parts and forma etc. but when i do the void survival only thing i get are credits/Endo or relics , is this changed so all the parts are now relics ?

1: You need to actually use your primary weapon to level it. How experience works: If you kill with your warframe, 100% of the experience is rewarded to your warframe. If you kill with your primary, 50% is rewarded to your warframe, and 50% is rewarded to your primary weapon. The same rule applies to secondary and melee weapons. When other people kill enemies, 25% of the experience is rewarded to your warframe, and the rest is divided up among your currently equipped weapons. Ex: If you equip only a melee weapon (and equip NONE for secondary and primary), ally kills will reward 25% of the experience to your warframe, and 75% to your melee weapon.

2:The survival runs done in the videos you are watching are survivals done with relics; meaning they went into a void fissure using a relic so they would be rewarded with the prime drop table. Another possibility is that it's an old video that was made before void relics were introduced to the game (different system back then). The survivals that you are doing are normal survivals. You use the relics you gain from those to enter the void fissures to gain prime parts and what not.