Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Be A Tunnel Turd

philleapa

It's not so bad when it's one guy, it's pretty bad when it's two, and downright infuriating when it's three. I don't even care about shared experience, the thing is, most PuGs are going to leave before wave 20, and that means that all I'm ever doing is sitting at the pod, mostly just watching them do their thing while I get to pop the 2-5 trash mobs that threaten the pod each wave.

What this comes down to is that someone has to protect the pod against those chargers, but it's a dull job. Nobody wants to spend 5-15 minutes sitting there watching other people play and wiping up the mobs that they accidentally let through.

+1000 THIS EXACTLY. I am fine with the OP coming up with a derogatory name for tunnel campers. In general they are not really speeding up the waves, in fact most of them don’t know what their doing and frequently slow it way down by messing up the spawn. Also the majority of tunnel campers jump out at wave 10 when their awesome 1 button play strategy doesn’t work anymore. So for the rest of us stuck babysitting the pod we wait 10 minutes to snipe the 15 or so mobs that come our way, just to collect our one hundredth hellfire or tower 2 key, and that’s only if we can manage to stay awake through the boredom. It feels like being AFK just having to sit there.  Our one hope, that once we get a little higher in waves we will get a chance to more than stare at the pod is then dashed by everyone bailing.

Fortunately at least if you have Vuban or Nyx you can ride out the 10 waves of boredom and when they all quit you can have an interesting wave 11-20 solo, and if your lucky now that people can enter after wave 5 you may even get a new team which will probably not dare to try being a one button wonder as the mobs after 10 don’t melt simply from most abilities. This is the only solution I have found to the problem.   

Let them die.  The idiots will come back to the pod after the 2nd or so revive.  It never fails.

I recently played a game with a Tunnel Turd.  I picked him up twice (using chaos) up to around Wave 15.  Then after that I let him take all of  his deaths. It literally took him using every single revive before he returned to the pod area.  The best lesson is a bought lesson.

+1 Most of the time ill deal with it and just leave at wave 5 if they won't stop but if  they really piss me off i go into spawn point and law a bastille before the wave starts so he just stands outside tunnel with nothing coming out, other times I just let the pod die if they aren't going to help,

And i think most of you misunderstood me when i say tunnel turd i am not saying anyone who kills in tunnel is one but there are a few who don't understand co-op and just decides that he needs to get the most kills he ends up going down multiple times not really being helpful at all, and if its just you and your friend going in wanting to go to a high deciding to go to online and you get the one guy stopping the spawning on that side and going down at same time its a bit frustrating and annoying, and its really annoying when you go to revive him and sell a crap load of mod drops and notice he hadn't marked any of them at all

I have a friend who when trying to speed the waves up he uses his saryn and stands by the 2 doors lets them get out and then he uses Miasma obliterating all of them, great for speeding things up.

if they do it right, mark the mods, not die, and come back when the pod's in danger, I let them be. Good enough, speeds things up, I'll just stand on the pod and do nothing. Heck, I've got minis to prime.

If they don't mark mods, I'm pretty &!$$ed. Playing a frost, I need to know where S#&$ is so I can go out, get energy, and be back in ONE round.

If they die ... I consider how well they've been doing. If they've been doing good, I can save them easily. If they haven't... I let them die. And then I start doing stuff and playing.

Basically, I learned to stop caring. If you want to keyboard mash all that S#&$, go right ahead. There might be no "I" in team, but there's a "Me", and for me, if you want to do all the work, I'm just gonna sit on the pod and do guard duty, save my ammo, so on and so forth. Provided you don't die and you mark the damned mods. MARK THE DAMNED MODS.

THEY NEVER MARK THE MODS!!! I went to revive one because i was in a good mood and i see there is a bank of mods just mods everywhere and I am like you better have a few revives left.