Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]: New Elemental Type And Some Tweaks

MECT_HET

Hi everyone.

My suggestions are:

1. New elemental mod ammo type - an explosion! When the bullet is hitting the target, it's becoming BOOM! with the flash and aoe staggering surrounding enemies.

Dealing additional aoe damage versus the armor and stagger enemies for a couple of seconds. Combining advantages both from the freeze ammo and ammo piercing ammo, it's very handy addition for the crowd control.

Stats: uncommon mod coming separate for the rifles, shotguns and pistols.

1 lvl - 25% damage, 1m aoe splash radius

2 lvl - 35% damage, 1m aoe splash radius

5 lvl - 65% damage, 2m aoe splash

10 lvl - 115% damage, 4m aoe splash 

2. Tuning the ammo pickups making it dependant on your using weapon. In example: if you are using latron with the 15 ammo in the clip, you will pickup the box with the 7 ammo (50% of your clip capacity per picked box) and if you are using grakata with the 30% clip mod, you'll pick the box with the 39 ammo. This will make sence because using latron you're almost never running out of ammo. 

3. Make headshots a bit more rewardable. In example, this could be about extra 25% exp for the killing the target with the headshot. In example, dealing with the reagular grineer will bring you 50 exp points, but of you'll kill him with the headshot, this'll bring you 63 exp points.

4. A boosters! Yes, I'm using'em. I'm loving'em. And still it's not enough. Money and exp boosters are good too use, but what do you guys think about refinery booster doubling every resource you've picked? I'm dam tired of farming rubedo for my brand new Rhino frame, and I was ready to pay for something able to make this process a bit faster.

5 Another booster tweak is their length. You should be able to choose what kind of booster you'd like to choose and buy. So here's my suggestion.

Money/exp/resources boosters

Real time:

3 days of real time - 40 plat per booster

7 days of real time - 70 plat per booster

30 days of real time - 250 plat per booster

Only ingame time:

assuming you'd spent about 6 hrs per day playing

20 hrs playing - 60 plat per booster

50 hrs plating - 110 plat per booster

200 hrs - 380 plat per booster

This'll make sence for the people who able to spent their time ingame and for people who unable to visit the game often and still want to gain some advances for theis money. 

And of course you could and should make some kind of packs! Such as "miner pack" - 65 plat for both 3-days-long resource and money boosters; "farmer pack" and "haste farmer pack" - 100 plat for both 7-days-long money and resource boosters and 60 plat for the same but only 3-days-long. 

but what do you guys think about refinery booster doubling every resource you've picked? I'm dam tired of farming rubedo for my brand new Rhino frame, and I was ready to pay for something able to make this process a bit faster.

Think about what there is to do in the game.

You can:

-build new gear

-rank up gear

-increase your rank by doing the above

-unlock all areas

-kill stuff for fun

-build clan dojo

Of these, "build new gear" and "build clan dojo" require resources.

When you do any of the others, you gain resources.

If you add resource boosters,you probably won't have to do much, if any, farming (depending what you want to do).

Basically what it would do is make the game shorter. Because once you have everything you want built, killing stuff only stays fun for so long.

1. New elemental mod ammo type - an explosion! When the bullet is hitting the target, it's becoming BOOM! with the flash and aoe staggering surrounding enemies.

Dealing additional aoe damage versus the armor and stagger enemies for a couple of seconds. Combining advantages both from the freeze ammo and ammo piercing ammo, it's very handy addition for the crowd control.

There is the Thunderbolt mod, and yes that is only for bows. But think of how rediculous and plain annoying it would be to have a gorgon blowing everything up. It simply would not work. Bows can get away with it because they are fairly slow and single fire.

Think about what there is to do in the game.

You can:

-build new gear

-rank up gear

-increase your rank by doing the above

-unlock all areas

-kill stuff for fun

-build clan dojo

Of these, "build new gear" and "build clan dojo" require resources.

When you do any of the others, you gain resources.

If you add resource boosters,you probably won't have to do much, if any, farming (depending what you want to do).

Basically what it would do is make the game shorter. Because once you have everything you want built, killing stuff only stays fun for so long.

There is the Thunderbolt mod, and yes that is only for bows. But think of how rediculous and plain annoying it would be to have a gorgon blowing everything up. It simply would not work. Bows can get away with it because they are fairly slow and single fire.

1. You can say absolutelly the same about the money and exp boosters. No way it could make my game any shorter. I'd just spent some time with the fun playing instead of farming resources. And this is what game is made for - entertainment. For now i'm using week long money booster and feel fine. 

Well if you're enjoying farming - feel free to not buy anything. I am not. 

2. I thought about viper pistol and latron rifle suggesting expl. element. What about gorgon? I think if you're building this resource black hole - you're earned your right to get feedback. At least expl. can act not any single bullet but with each third. 

Any thoughts about ammo pickups?

1) Ironically enough, this damage type is already in the game (used by the Ogris (AoE damage) and the Torid (impact damage)), but it would be a cool effect to add this.  I would say scale it down a bit, since Ogris AoE is 10m; perhaps make it a flat 1-2 meters, but you can rank up the damage?  I just worry about its use on rapid fire weapons (its use on snipers/latron don't worry me so much as it does on say the grakata or supra). 

2) Has potential. 

3) Definite +1.  Nothing more to be said, and excellent idea (however this should be applied to all vulnerability spots). 

4) Eh... I don't really use boosters, so I guess my opinion is somewhat invalid, but having not spent a penny on the game (yet) and having the only resource I'm lacking in (after mastery rank 9) being ferrite, I can't see how those who do pay for the game actually need these increased resources. 

5) I'm not sure I understand where your numbers are coming from on this one...

2. I thought about viper pistol and latron rifle suggesting expl. element. What about gorgon? I think if you're building this resource black hole - you're earned your right to get feedback. At least expl. can act not any single bullet but with each third.

The gorgon is the extreme example, to be honest I think any automatic gun would be annoying. I'm not saying it couldn't work it's just if it was a satisfying explosion, like thunderbolt, it would be annoying to anyone else in the game if there are explosions going off every second.

If it were even remotely close to thunderbolt it would be ridiculously OP on a rapid fire weapon.  It would have to be insanely nerfed in range and base damage, but allow it to scale with other mods, or just make it base off of base damage as well (would open doors to make it scale nicely for one big hit on snipers, but a bunch of small hits on rapid fire weapons). 

It's not that bad to have explosive ammo. As i've already suggested, they'll gain only 2-4 splash damage radius and some anti-armor damage bonus. Comparing it with any other elements doesn't make it any OP. In that case you can say that freeze ammo is dam ap because gorgon or grakata are able to completely stun an entire horde of enemies. 

I've already stated that I love the idea, I'm just worried about balancing.  Perhaps if both range and damage scalled with the weapons base damage (and/or modded base (aka: hornet strike/serration)) somehow, it would be balanced for almost every weapon.